Tenth Anniversary of PS2 Online Gaming!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Post by FreddY »

October 28, 2001
(Not the website, but rather the concept of which the website is built around)

On this day ten years ago, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 was released, thus marking the PlayStation 2's first foray into online gaming.

THPS3 actually preceded the release of the Sony Network Adapter by nearly a year, and became widely acclaimed by both critics and players alike. A PS2-compatible USB ethernet adapter was initially required to play online.

THPS3 proved to become the pioneer for many other great PS2 online experiences that we have enjoyed for the past decade, such as Amplitude, SOCOM and TimeSplitters, to name a few. Many of which we still enjoy today.

What do you think about the tenth anniversary of PS2 online gaming as a whole?

The term 'online forever' is used a lot in relation to online gaming with LAN tunneling programs, so here's to ten more years (or more)!

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Tenth Anniversary of PS2 Online Gaming!

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

THPS3 = Favorite PS2 game of all time.<3 And 10 years already? It feels like yesterday my dad was taking me to gamestop or walmart or wherever to ghet this....ahh the memories....
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea feels kind of crazy that the ps2 online stuff has been around for a decade now. At least the very first ps2 online game got it right and stuck in a LAN mode too haha.

robinhoodie
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: robinhoodie

Post by robinhoodie »

I only got into playing PS2 online this summer. Its the first time I've ever played games online. It kind of blew my mind that 4 of my favorite games were playable online. Those being THPS 3 and 4, Twisted Metal Black and Outrun. You all have also totally gotten me into Time Splitters, which I never would have given a second look before. Whats crazy is that in all of those games cases, there really isn't a modern version of those games to play online.

FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Post by FreddY »

August 27, 2002
On this day ten years ago, the Sony Network Adapter was released, thus marking the beginning of the PlayStation 2 Online Revolution! This date also marks the ten year anniversary of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs, which was also released on August 27, 2002!