What PS2 game to get next?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

What PS2 game to get next?

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

I am going to buy another ps2 game very soon. I'm not sure what to buy though. Should I get a CoD game, Rainbow Six game, Splinter Cell, Tony Hawk, a Racing game, Star Wars Battlefront...I need some help!! I have played SWB before and it was great, but should I get something else? I would really appreciate some answers!! THANK YOU!!! :)
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: What PS2 game to get next?

Post by Mytho »

I'd recommend you buy TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. This game has great, colorful graphics, runs smoothly and has an active playerbase on this fourm. We usually get together at 10:30 PM EST every Saturday night to play for about an hour or so.

Future Perfect also has a fun single-player campaign packed with humor, solid level design and high production values. Anyone looking for a solid FPS experience on the PS2 will not be disappointed! :)
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Mytho wrote:I'd recommend you buy TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. This game has great, colorful graphics, runs smoothly and has an active playerbase on this fourm. We usually get together at 10:30 PM EST every Saturday night to play for about an hour or so.

Future Perfect also has a fun single-player campaign packed with humor, solid level design and high production values. Anyone looking for a solid FPS experience on the PS2 will not be disappointed! :)
Thank you for responding. I was thinking about getting TS:FP too. But does that game use Broadband or Xlink Kai (LAN)? I am leaning towards downloading (or whatever you do to use it) Xlink Kai but I dont have it yet. :| I will look at some videos of TS:FP. It think its kinda like Halo because of the futuristic weapons o.O which sounds good.

P.S. How do i get a clock onto my quote like I see you and alot of other people have? I went to the site and got a html embed code but it doesnt work on my signature!!
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

figured out the clock thingy :P
(gmt-4)

Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches

Post by Rapth »

Yea sorry no one responded. :P I was going to reply, and try to explain, but honestly I am not even sure I know how to do it.

Personally I would suggest getting a Call Of Duty game, Star Wars Battlefront game, or TimeSplitters. They are among the most popular online games among this community. :P Plus not to mention, their not bad games.
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Thanks for the info. I know what CoD is like and I have played SWB before. I have never played Time Splitters though. I will probably just buy all SWB2, TSFP, CoD1, CoD2, and CoD3 when I can. But if i dont get all at same time I think I will try to get TSFP. Right now on Amazon it is more than I'd like to pay so I might try Gamestop.
(gmt-4)

Awesom3B
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai username: Awesom3B

Post by Awesom3B »

Grunt_Sniper wrote:Thanks for the info. I know what CoD is like and I have played SWB before. I have never played Time Splitters though. I will probably just buy all SWB2, TSFP, CoD1, CoD2, and CoD3 when I can. But if i dont get all at same time I think I will try to get TSFP. Right now on Amazon it is more than I'd like to pay so I might try Gamestop.
At gamestop i think they are around $5-$10. I personaly think you should try local/small business/thrift stores.

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

Get SWBF2 and CoD2. PS2/Xbox games are also showing up a LOT more at thrift stores where I live due to the fact that GameStop pays little for PS2 and won't buy Xbox.

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Yeah I looekd at the server for SWB2 and saw around 90 ppl on in the evening. Thats not too bad. Plus if SWB2 is anything like SWBF or better then I would love to have that game. I don't just play PS2 games I collect them. So really I planned on buying SWB2 sometime anyway, but I wanted to ask what I should get first. I will get SWB2, TSFP, CoD2, CoN, and RB6, but I will probably buy TSFP or SWB2 first. However, I look for used cheap games (in good condition) that come with their original case and manual, which makes searching for games difficult.
(gmt-4)

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

Try looking at independent used stores, they have a shitload of PS2 games in the back usually, with original cases/manuals/rares up front. Thrift Stores usually have original cases/manuals for PS2 games as well, but their selection consists usually of Madden 2003, and other EA sports games (not playable online anymore, sadly)