Project: resurrect PAL versions of games

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Project: resurrect PAL versions of games

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

wait wait wait, so is all you need to do is host those addresses off of a DNS (like Bobz) and you can access the master list for the games you host??? (sorry, im not good at all of this networking stuff)

Oh, and what happens when Sony takes down the DNAS server forever?
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:wait wait wait, so is all you need to do is host those addresses off of a DNS (like Bobz) and you can access the master list for the games you host??? (sorry, im not good at all of this networking stuff)

The idea is, you redirect all the info sent to "dead amplitude server" to "still active socom server".
And when dnas is taken down we'll either have to make our own dnas server or individualy patch dnas out of each game

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:wait wait wait, so is all you need to do is host those addresses off of a DNS (like Bobz) and you can access the master list for the games you host??? (sorry, im not good at all of this networking stuff)

A good few of the games on that list I know to still be functioning normally online. What I really need to try and get more working is someone with the actual games. Through my testing with PAL Amplitude I honestly haven't been able to get any result. the game instantly fails. I've bridged my PS2 thru my laptop to check on the packets and I'm not getting much of anything game related there either. Not sure if it has to do with playing a PAL game on an NTSC PS2, but I'd like to get some of the people that want to play these games to help me out. Also there is a DNAS file in the PAL version of Amplitude. If it didn't instantly fail, I'd be able to tell if it made use of it or not.
wawowe wrote:Examine the games elf (sles_000.00) in hex and you should be able to get the domain name
It's not that i don't know the domain the game is using, but the fact of whether it will work online or not. What I really need is someone to go on from their PAL game to see that it is in fact working or not. I have already added the records for the NTSC games I'm already supporting.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

Me and favrenation have successfully played spy vs spy (pal game) online on NTSC consoles

Edit: spy vs spy also uses dnas

Kinow
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: Kinow

Post by Kinow »

Hi, I'm from France and have a PAL version of Ratchet Gladiator and Jak X, (EDIT : and Ratchet and clank 3). I don't have my PS2 there but Feb 12 to Feb 24 I'll have it.

If I can help : xlinkinow on skype.

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

I have added you on skype. Be sure to send me a message when you are able to test things. One of those weeks I will have little or no access to my server if I have internet access at all.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by daps2 »

john.roush.89 wrote:Somebody better grab that ssl certificate before it disappears forever.. haha
Did anyone ever manage?? Kinda vital now :(

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96