Ghost Recon Jungle Storm Servers Down?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Ghost Recon Jungle Storm Servers Down?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Making a thread about this since mytho informed me that both wawowe and him could not login to the server.
EDIT: wawowe and I are unable to sign in to GRJS. We are both unable to proceed past the account login. If you want to try, let us know if you can get to the lobby.
Is what mytho said in the game scheduling thread.

I am not in a location where I can get my game and try signing in, but I really hope this game isnt offline because the online co-op is really fun for me.

I went on ubi.com (http://forums.ubi.com/eve) and noticed that their forums are temporarily down. It might be connected to ghost recon js online problems since the site and game are connected for the accounts you make. I am hoping then that this change to their forums on ubi.com doesnt make the game no longer work online permanently.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Re: Ghost Recon Jungle Storm Servers Down?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

There is an update at the ubisoft forums "We currently estimate the forums will reopen on January 13 (previously slated for Jan 9) - Seriously ;). "

They will be putting in new forum software it sounds like, so hope this doesnt mean the online of ghost recon js or other ubisoft ps2 games will become messed up for good.

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

Forums are back up, if you want to try.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I just checked Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and I was able to successfully log in.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

YAY. Hoping jungle storm will work too then. This gave me quite a scare.

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

I just tried connecting to the game (never played before). I created my account in-game, which I am able to login to ubi.com with, but I receive a network error when trying to login to the game. On retry it just sits at "Verifying account on Ubi.com..." nothing more.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Bobz1993 wrote:I just tried connecting to the game (never played before). I created my account in-game, which I am able to login to ubi.com with, but I receive a network error when trying to login to the game. On retry it just sits at "Verifying account on Ubi.com..." nothing more.
Hmm... I need to try connecting myself and see what happens. Ive had an account saved on my memory card.

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

That sucks because I still have not played grjs online yet :( I should try to log on too.
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

lazyhoboguy wrote:
Bobz1993 wrote:I just tried connecting to the game (never played before). I created my account in-game, which I am able to login to ubi.com with, but I receive a network error when trying to login to the game. On retry it just sits at "Verifying account on Ubi.com..." nothing more.
Hmm... I need to try connecting myself and see what happens. Ive had an account saved on my memory card.
This is not looking good. My old account that Ive had saved on my memory card behaves the same exact way. Says "verifying account on ubi.com" and either stays on that forever, or quickly says "connecting to ubi.com lobby.." followed by "network error". I have one idea, maybe if we made another account on ubi.com's website and tried it in the game it might work. Even if this works though it means all old accoutns wouldnt work, which would still suck. If the game is actually indefinitely broken online now, our only option would be to bitch on the ubi.com forum, but its doubtful they'd want to spend the time or resources to fix the problem.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Also, I could still login to ubi.com with my old account even though it wouldn't work for the game. I tried creating a new account on the website first, then trying it on the game, but I still had the same errors.

I guess I will post on the ubi.com forums about this, but I doubt it will do much good.

*edit*
I posted a thread about this problem here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/65 ... ost8107453

I encourage you guys to register there to post in that thread to let them know that people care about this game's online mode still. Might be the only way to save it.

*edit 2*

Also I tried clicking the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. It seems like it sends them an actual email or something. So you guys should try doing that too. Perhaps if enough people bug them about this they will try to fix it. Be nice though haha.