USB Headset

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

USB Headset

Post by Rapth »

So i started playing Champions Of Norrath with my friends each week, and two of us are playing on Playstation 2 consoles, while the thrid is playing on a Playstation 3 console. Regardless, we are having trouble getting our headsets to work. I know, that the Playstation 3 does not support bluetooth while playing a PS2 game, but my friend and myself, who are playing on Playstation 2 consoles, can not get our USB headset to work.

We have tried fixing it in the "In Game" settings menu, and it has not fixed the problem. We have also plugged in the headsets before turning the system on, still nothing works. The PS2 does not have anything in the system menu regarding headsets. Any help would be apprecaited. Thank you.
(gmt-7)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: USB Headset

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Each game works differently with headsets. Usually all you have to do is plug your headset in and it will work. Some games require you to hold down a button each time before you talk or you have to turn on that you have a headset in the options sometimes. I've heard that some brands of ps2 usb headsets dont work right on the ps2 as well.

SG-17
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by SG-17 »

Make sure that your headset is plugged in before you turn on your PS2 as well.

Also the only compatible headsets for the PS2 are the Sony/Logitech Headset and the Rocketfish Wired Headset. As far as I know.
(GMT-5)
Star Wars: Battlefront I & II | SOCOM I, II, 3/CA | Battlefield 2: Modern Combat | Godzilla: Save the Earth

Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches

Post by Rapth »

Hmm. Okay, thanks guys. I will purchase one of the two headsets you suggested, and let you know if it fixes the problem. Thanks again.
(gmt-7)

DarkSphinx
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by DarkSphinx »

I bought SOCOM with the heaset bundle a few years back, and not sure if it ever worked, would be pretty cool using a headset on PS2 though :/

JamesCableCar
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by JamesCableCar »

Ye I just got a headset with SOCOM II about 3 weeks ago. It worked plus it's cheaper than buying a headset separately :D
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D