Some cool PS2 online stuff that was Japan Only

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Some cool PS2 online stuff that was Japan Only

Post by jacobgrocks »

You remember the PS2 HDD addon that only 1 game used? Well in Japan....

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

This is what Sony also intended to do, btw:

Sadly neither came to the US.

vitas150
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: vitas155

Re: Some cool PS2 online stuff that was Japan Only

Post by vitas150 »

this is the first video he has long PSBBN hacked to install on any PS2 FAT with any hard drive, three times this HDD OSD it appeared in America as well, society these things are hacked, you should take a look at this video:

in fact I do uchastoval and participate in breaking these things I'm not doing this one done for many but there is more planned and is being done on these things, skill is all installed, how to install it on your PS2 FAT if there is a hard disk and Network Adapter you can easily find in google ;)
Playstation 2 SCPH-50008 FMCB 1.94 Network Adapter HDD 80гб PSP 2008 6.60 МE-2.2 PS3 CECH-3008A 320gb 4.70 PSVita PCH-1008(Wi-Fi Only) 3.35 PSX DESR-5500

YoWatsUp
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed

Re: Some cool PS2 online stuff that was Japan Only

Post by YoWatsUp »

Please help me. I am VERY confused right now. I have a fat PS2 and a Sony 40GB HDD. I want to transfer ISOs to the HDD and boot/play games off the HDD without using a disc. I think what I have to do is connect the HDD to my PC (IDE to USB) and transfer the games to the HDD using a software and boot them using something called HDLoader and/or OPL. (I've followed these instructions from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwO34PaG ... e=youtu.be)

But now, all of a sudden I've seen PSBBN and HDD OSD. I've read that PSBBN was used in Japan to boot games from HDD, but I've also read that only around 40 games are compatible.

I've seen this video (is it yours?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJ0H1yYz9U which shows the games in the HDD. This has confused me even more as it is completely different to the other video method?

Please help me (I have little homebrew/modding experience):
-What exactly is McBoot?
-What does HDLoader and OPL do?
-What are PSBBN and HDD OSD?
-What is uLe?
-If I want to boot games from the HDD, should I proceed with the method in the video or do something else?