What was the last ps2 game you bought?

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Re: What was the last ps2 game you bought?

Post by Mytho »

It's been a long time since I've picked any PS2 games up, but I finally broke my cold streak yesterday.

On my way home from getting my car looked at, I stopped in a Play 'N Trade to peruse their wares. I felt an urge to pick some PS2 games up, so I went over to the PS2 rack and started hunting. I found several games I was interested in, but the cases looked somewhat grimy, so I passed. After all was said and done, I ended up walking out with the following:

Red Faction (non-GH)
Eternal Ring
Heroes of the Pacific

Everything was in great shape, and I even got Eternal Ring free as part of their 'Buy 2, Get 1 Free' deal. I was pretty surprised by how cheap the PS2 games were. I encourage people to check their local Play 'N Trades if you're looking for complete PS2 games on the cheap.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Red Faction is great. Eternal Ring is by from software if I am correct? We will have to try out Heroes of the Pacific online sometime. I've had that sitting for a long time even though Ive meant to play it.

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I rebought deerhunter now that it is back online. I had sold it off when we discovered it didnt work online before. I paid about 6 bucks for it this time for a complete copy, so not too mad I had to rebuy it ha.

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

I received a couple of PS2 games from lazyhoboguy several months ago. A few were duplicates that I gave away, but I ended up keeping GTA3 and the Spongebob Squarepants Happy Squared double pack.

I need to find my Disc Dr. and try repair GTA3, as it's too scratched to play. Out of the Spongebob games, I've played a little of Battle for Bikini Bottom, which I found to be very dull. I don't think I'll ever play either Spongebob game ever again, but I'm thankful for the games nonetheless.
(gmt-5)

Artur
Level 13: Midday Club 2
Xlink Kai username: Sierron

Post by Artur »

The latest I got were Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I love that game, but never owned it (played at a friends house). Now I do. :)

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

I've been consistently visiting my local thrift stores ever since the new year began and have found PS2 games on occasion. As long as they're in decent shape, I tend to buy whatever happens to catch my eye.

Earlier this week, I walked into the VNA and started rummaging through their DVD section. After finding a PS2 game facing outward in the bin, I searched through the rest of the cases, thinking they mixed in a PS2 game with the DVDs. Not only was I wrong, but I found almost 30 PS2 games resting behind the first title. I grabbed a cart, loaded it up with PS2 games, and took it to the counter to receive the discs.

The old lady at the counter was shocked at the amount of games I brought to the counter and began looking through a binder full of discs. She didn't know the difference from PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games though and pulled out some PS1 games. After telling her the discs said PlayStation 2 at the bottom, she began looking through the discs once more. While the old lady kept looking, another employee came to the counter and began searching another binder full of discs.

After searching for five minutes, the manager walked over to see what exactly was going on. The manager grabbed yet another binder and started digging through it. Despite nearly 10 minutes of searching, no PS2 discs were found. The manager checked in back for the discs, but to no avail. She took my name, number, and hauled all the cases into her office. I ended up walking out of there with an Xbox game and a disc only copy of .hack Part 1. It seriously boggles my mind how you can lose nearly 30 games.
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Someone working there probably took them all.

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

It's been awhile since I, or anybody else for that matter, has posted in this thread.

My PS2 game purchases have been bolstered recently due to a pawn shop that opened in my area earlier this year. Even though I'm hesitant when it comes to pawn shops, I thought I'd stop in and peruse their goods. Not only did they carry a decent assortment of games, but their PS2 selection was actually thriving with stock coming in and out. All games are $5 regardless of condition or console, so you tend to stumble upon gold if you visit frequently.

The best haul I've gotten from the pawn shop was when somebody dropped off their PS2 complete with a stack of JRPGs and assorted titles. I didn't buy everything I could, but I grabbed the cream of the crop, which included:

Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: From the New World
Okami
Okage: Shadow King (Been looking for Okage for a long time)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Magna Carta (LE with everything included)
Mega Man X Collection (these games look AMAZING in component)
Radiata Stories
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner

Not only was each game $5, but every game was complete and in great shape to boot. After a few weeks, I also decided to buy the PS2 that came with the games. I was pleasantly surprised that the PS2 included a HDD, two colored DualShock 2 controllers, two Sony memory cards, and an official Sony component cable. The PS2 and everything with it cost only $25. After swapping HDD with my other fat PS2, I'm now using the PS2 I purchased at the pawn shop as my primary unit.
(gmt-5)

chak88

Post by chak88 »

Mytho wrote:It's been awhile since I, or anybody else for that matter, has posted in this thread.

My PS2 game purchases have been bolstered recently due to a pawn shop that opened in my area earlier this year. Even though I'm hesitant when it comes to pawn shops, I thought I'd stop in and peruse their goods. Not only did they carry a decent assortment of games, but their PS2 selection was actually thriving with stock coming in and out. All games are $5 regardless of condition or console, so you tend to stumble upon gold if you visit frequently.

The best haul I've gotten from the pawn shop was when somebody dropped off their PS2 complete with a stack of JRPGs and assorted titles. I didn't buy everything I could, but I grabbed the cream of the crop, which included:

Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: From the New World
Okami
Okage: Shadow King (Been looking for Okage for a long time)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Magna Carta (LE with everything included)
Mega Man X Collection (these games look AMAZING in component)
Radiata Stories
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner

Not only was each game $5, but every game was complete and in great shape to boot. After a few weeks, I also decided to buy the PS2 that came with the games. I was pleasantly surprised that the PS2 included a HDD, two colored DualShock 2 controllers, two Sony memory cards, and an official Sony component cable. The PS2 and everything with it cost only $25. After swapping HDD with my other fat PS2, I'm now using the PS2 I purchased at the pawn shop as my primary unit.
That is one heck of a haul :D congrats !

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Holy fuck mytho. I am jealous. I'd love to have a ps2 hdd too.