What was the last ps2 game you bought?

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: What was the last ps2 game you bought?

Post by Rapth »

Wow lucky buy. :P I recently bought Samurai Warriors for one dollar, with free shipping, and it was described as "Like New" condition, but sadly, it is fairly scratched, probably in "acceptable" condition, using amazon's condition chart thing. :P
(gmt-7)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I've had some bad luck on eBay with sellers describing their products as 'Like New' and receiving an item that I'd call 'Acceptable' at best. I learned not to buy anything without seeing a few pictures first.

Surprisingly enough, Amazon sellers have been pretty kind to me. The only thing that ever upset me with Amazon was buying from Amazon Warehouse. In my experience, they often sell you games in eco-friendly DVD cases instead of original PS2 cases. These cases have plastic missing below the disc and above the instruction manual. I find the whole notion of DVD cases destroying the environment laughable, and hate receiving these eco-cases. Otherwise, the quality of the disc and instruction manual from Amazon Warehouse has been as described.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

Yea. I reported the seller, gave them a bad review, will be sure not to purchase from them.... Simply I will purchase another copy of the game.

This is the reason I hate buying used games... Its generally a few dollars cheaper, and in much worse condition than buying them new. But, with the amount of PS2 games I want to purchase, and considering the systems age, buying used is the most logical way to acquire more than a few games.
(gmt-7)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Rapth wrote:Yea. I reported the seller, gave them a bad review, will be sure not to purchase from them.... Simply I will purchase another copy of the game.

This is the reason I hate buying used games... Its generally a few dollars cheaper, and in much worse condition than buying them new. But, with the amount of PS2 games I want to purchase, and considering the systems age, buying used is the most logical way to acquire more than a few games.
You might want to try estarland.com when buying used ps2 games. I have probably bought like 50 used ps2 games from them and have had only one used game ever not work correctly. There quality assurance is very good, but they are a small business so you pay a little more than on someplace like amazon.

SG-17
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by SG-17 »

I recently repurchased GTA San Andreas for $3 on Amazon.
(GMT-5)
Star Wars: Battlefront I & II | SOCOM I, II, 3/CA | Battlefield 2: Modern Combat | Godzilla: Save the Earth

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

lazyhoboguy wrote:
Rapth wrote:Yea. I reported the seller, gave them a bad review, will be sure not to purchase from them.... Simply I will purchase another copy of the game.

You might want to try estarland.com when buying used ps2 games. I have probably bought like 50 used ps2 games from them and have had only one used game ever not work correctly. There quality assurance is very good, but they are a small business so you pay a little more than on someplace like amazon.
I would, but usually I can get them cheaper, and rarer games on amazon... So I choose that website... Though starland does have a few rare ones that are over priced as hell on amazon. :P
(gmt-7)

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Star Wars Battlefront 2
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

Awesom3B
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai username: Awesom3B

Post by Awesom3B »

Pinball hall of fame: gattlieb collection, Ratchet and clank: going commando, and timesplitters 1

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm, The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Call Of Duty 3.
(gmt-7)