Good Puzzle Games on the PS2?

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Good Puzzle Games on the PS2?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I was playing Lumines Plus last night and thought I should ask what other good puzzle games are on the PS2.

Lumines Plus is my only one that I own on the ps2. That is a psp port. If you dont have a psp though buy it on the ps2. It is extremely fun and replayable. It is made by the guy that made Rez and so its a puzzle game with a lot of music that changes based on the gameplay. I really haven't had this much fun with a puzzle game since Tetris.

TheBuck27
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: TheBuck27

Re: Good Puzzle Games on the PS2?

Post by TheBuck27 »

I have puzzle game for the PS2 called Pipe Mania, which was a simultaneous PS2/PSP release, and it's pretty fun.

It's really simple, but kinda tough to explain. Basically, there's a faucet that pours out this green ooze, and then there's an exit. You have to use the different shaped pieces to build a pipe that goes from the faucet to the exit.

If you take too much time, then the ooze will spill out into the level and if too much spills out, you lose. To get the most points possible, you have to make the pipe as long as possible, so you don't build a pipe that goes straight to the exit, but rather one that zigzags around.

It's further complicated by bonus power-ups and blocked off spaces, as well as boss fights where the boss can break your pipe.

Here's a good screenshot: http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/pipem ... =thumb%3B2

I got it at Gamestop for $1.50, and it was well worth it for that price. I like it. It gets really challenging and intense though.

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

The game Puzzle Quest is supposed to be pretty good
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/puzz ... Btitle%3B1

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I had never heard of Pipe Mania. It looks interesting.

Puzzlequest is a game I have had on my wish list awhile. It's like a rpg/puzzle game from what I remember.

Here's some Lumines Plus gameplay for anyone interested.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum