DNAS: saving needed packets

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
Mat_S7340
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Resistant_FTW

Re: DNAS: saving needed packets

Post by Mat_S7340 »

I added a few games today and will continue tomorrow ;)
And there is still much to do ^^
Nickname online : RésistantFTW
Time zone : Brussels GMT+1 (GTM+2 in summer) [Belgium]
My tutorial on the Playstation®2 : https://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/les ... 35674.html

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

That's great Mat_S7340 that you joined us ;)

I saw that Monster Hunter (US) was added to the list too, so I won't have to get a copy of it. I still have some online games to test. I hope to add more soon to this list! I'm surprised that no one put MGS3 subsitence disc 2 (US) and (JP). I have the (US) version but never tested it. So this will be the moment to try this gem!
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by no23 »

Viscosity wrote:The problem with getting the japenese games is that most of us would need to find copies of it (not too hard if you have a modded system) and then you need to the DNAS ID to patch it. I'm not sure if there is a list of ID's for that region like there is for ntsc.

I did add a bunch of games last night. Still have a few left to go from the games that I have on me. I'm trying to get all those random gamespy games that most people don't care about.
I contacted a friend in Japan (owner of the Gundam Vs- Z-Gundam private server) to help out. He'll add his games to the collection.

Btw., while collecting the packets I found out what was wrong with the SOCOM II checks (threw DNAS error -106). After fixing the problem I got beautiful perfect captures for the US and the PAL/UK versions ;)

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

I had a question regarding Socom 1. I know the game was released in Japan and in the UK a year later (2003) than the NA version. I was wondering if both of these versions had the DNAS authentication process. I know the Pal version of Twisted Metal Black has DNAS.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

carcass64 wrote:I had a question regarding Socom 1. I know the game was released in Japan and in the UK a year later (2003) than the NA version. I was wondering if both of these versions had the DNAS authentication process. I know the Pal version of Twisted Metal Black has DNAS.
Japanese version of Socom does have Dnas. I just found a website where some Dnas Keys are listed for some japanese games, and the one of the japanese version is listed there.

The Pal version of Socom 1 does have Dnas also.

I Think with the software named "idcheck ", you can find the Dnas Keys of every game (only the 6 Last digits are unique to a game title). So we can get the Keys of every japanese games.

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by no23 »

Hunk91 wrote:The Pal version of Socom 1 does have Dnas also.
I added it today.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Are there any good lists of DNAS ID's for JP region games? I can try to test those too.

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

I'm sure Monster Hunter G might be eligible for the list. The game was an expansion to the original on a dvd disc, and Japan only.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

no23 wrote:
Hunk91 wrote:The Pal version of Socom 1 does have Dnas also.
I added it today.
Oh great! I didn't see this one yet. The list is getting bigger everyday !
Viscosity wrote:Are there any good lists of DNAS ID's for JP region games? I can try to test those too.
The website I saw only had 5 Dnas listed. The games were Socom, outbreak file 2, MGS 3 Subsistence, wining élèvent 8, and broadband navigator 0.3

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

Just use any hexadecimal value and it will work. E.g. I set 11 22 33 44 55 in Game ID under OPL's game configuration screen.
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96