DNAS: saving needed packets

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS: saving needed packets

Post by no23 »

We've got a total of ~150 captures for saving DNAS. Thank you very much so far!

I'd like to start phase 2 of the project soon (in 2 weeks), so if you want to have certain games added to the database, you should do it soon. Btw., captures for hdd games are now possible and has been tested.

I noticed that some of the network discs were added. This is a nice idea, so if you've got any of those or other utilities (PSBBN), feel free to add them, too.

Something's strange with the PlayOnline check. It looks like the server isn't even contacted, maybe one of you wants to look into the matter?!? My guess is that either a different server URL is contacted or the IP has been hardcoded to the disc. Would be cool to get this working, too. Final Fantasy XI and Dirge of Cerberus (the JP version has online mode!) rely on it.

harry62
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die

Post by harry62 »

Would it be better to use a code to bypass DNAS? I've bypassed the DNAS for SOCOM 2(NTSC) and BattleField 2(NTSC). In both cases only a single line of code was needed. I don't know much about what DNAS actually does but I'm assuming it is nothing more than a glorified disc ID check. If this is true then bypassing DNAS via code is an option.

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Is there anyway possible to get hot shots golf four back online as well?

no23

Post by no23 »

harry62 wrote:Would it be better to use a code to bypass DNAS? I've bypassed the DNAS for SOCOM 2(NTSC) and BattleField 2(NTSC). In both cases only a single line of code was needed. I don't know much about what DNAS actually does but I'm assuming it is nothing more than a glorified disc ID check. If this is true then bypassing DNAS via code is an option.
You're right, it's a single line of code for every game in every region and every player. If there's a patch available... Developing a new patch takes what, 2-3 hours? And there are always people who do not want to mod their console, they want to play the game without patch, just inserting the DVD.

This project is about saving DNAS for the time when Sony finally pulls the plug of the service. In my opinion DNAS is a piece of console history.

harry62
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die

Post by harry62 »

no23 wrote:You're right, it's a single line of code for every game in every region and every player. If there's a patch available... Developing a new patch takes what, 2-3 hours? And there are always people who do not want to mod their console, they want to play the game without patch, just inserting the DVD.

This project is about saving DNAS for the time when Sony finally pulls the plug of the service. In my opinion DNAS is a piece of console history.
I think my post was misinterpreted. If so I apologize as I did not clarify what I meant by a single line of code. The code I'm referring to is for a cheat device(gameshark, codebreaker, etc). With this code the DNAS check always passes no matter if the disc is patched.

Either way you're spot on about how people want to play, and that is with as few steps as possible.

no23

Post by no23 »

harry62 wrote:The code I'm referring to is for a cheat device(gameshark, codebreaker, etc). With this code the DNAS check always passes no matter if the disc is patched.
That's the way I understood your post. And I agree, it is easier to create a DNAS patch for a single game than to create a full replacement server for all games. But in sum I think this is the most efficient way.

And finally it's the user's/player's choice. For example we have a big playerbase from Japan on the Outbreak servers. They are preferring the "plain vanilla" setup with original disc, original console, no patches, no cheats etc. This project helps these people to continue playing this way.

DJPlace
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: DJPlace

Post by DJPlace »

does my laptop have be wired to use this?
(gmt-5)

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

Its finally has come to an end.... DNAS IPs are still online, but the server isn't responding anymore... RIP... :(
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

Vedita BR wrote:Its finally has come to an end.... DNAS IPs are still online, but the server isn't responding anymore... RIP... :(
Yes, 106 (invalid server response) or other unusual errors.

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

I have different errors with different DNS :
106 with DNAS Saving ,614 with Gundam server,610 with MGO and time out with Christian DNS.