Your first PS2 game?

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Your first PS2 game?

Post by noonotthat »

So what was the first PS2 game you ever owned? Mine was warriors of might and magic. It was all I could afford after having to buy a memory card lol. I enjoyed it at the time since it was all I had, but looking back I know it was a pretty awful game.
No lube for me!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Your first PS2 game?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I was lucky because my first ps2 game was an actually really good one. I had Jak and Daxter. I cannot remember for sure but it might have been in a bundle or something. I had a lot of fun with that game but stupidly sold it later. I wish I hadn't done that because I feel like I need to re-buy it now.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

My little bro and I got a few games when we got are PS2 but the one we first played and played the most was NFL Blitz Pro. I think I was in like 1st grade at the time too. The announcers were funny as hell and we had tons of fun hitting players after the play. Unfortunately a year later my brother brought it to a friends house and lost it. We never got it back. :( I am not sure if I would like the game as much as I did then because of my age. I didn't care about graphics or physics I just wanted to screw around. :lol:

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

I got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and SSX with my PS2. Good thing both games rock. Even though it was awhile until I got some other games...boy did I get bored of Tony Hawk :P

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

NoLimits wrote:I got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and SSX with my PS2. Good thing both games rock. Even though it was awhile until I got some other games...boy did I get bored of Tony Hawk :P
Yea those are some cool games to start out with. I still need to try the ssx games.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I played SSX on Tour on Gamecube and loved it. I sold the gamecube for PS3 money (We had a Wii anyway) but my mom thought are gamecube games becuase she didn't know you could play them on wii. I bought the game immediate for PS2. I had pro skater 4 for Gamecube to so I bought that,

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

The first PS2 game I ever played was Tekken Tag Tournament at a friend's house back in 2000 at launch. I was pretty amazed by it back then. I remember being able to actually put up a decent fight in it against my friend, his brother and the friend who brought the PS2 over. I also had a huge laugh at the bowling mode, especially at the kangaroo. It made me desire a PS2 even more.

The second PS2 game I played, one that I rented along with the system from Blockbuster, was X-Squad. Even though I was excited to be playing a PS2, I knew that X-Squad was by no means a great game. I think I gave up over halfway through due to how repetitive it got. Seems like all you did was run around, shoot bad guys, then deal with aggravatingly cheap bosses at the end of the level. I also didn't have a memory card, so beating it would require leaving the PS2 on, which I was too afraid to do. Despite how generic X-Squad was, it was still cool to brag to my classmates that I actually had a PS2 (for a limited amount of time of course). :)

Finally, when I got a PS2 back in 2001, I bought The Bouncer and SSX. I still maintain that SSX was clearly the best game on PS2 for about a year, but I had a ton of fun with each. I thought it was funny how my grandma commented on how skimpy Dominique's outfit in The Bouncer was later in the game. :oops:

In hindsight, I probably would have been happy with just SSX and then renting a game after I got a little tired of it. Even though I enjoyed The Bouncer, I was letdown by how short it was. I beat it in 4 hours the first time I played it. Clearly all that money went toward the cutscenes instead of fleshing out the gameplay. :|
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Scoopers
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: scoopers

Post by Scoopers »

My first PS2 game was...... Grand Theft Auto Vice City. Before I got my PS2 I would sit for hours at a friends house and pass the controller around with this game seeing who could last the longest (without cheats) and keep a car running LOL. So I figured this to me the most memorable gaming experience for me and decided to add it to my first piece of a great collection. 8-)
No Shots Impossible, Its the shots missed that could be regretted.

(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I had a lot of fun with vice city, oh man played that so much. Watching people play gta 3 was one of the reasons for me really wanting a ps2.

TheBuck27
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: TheBuck27

Post by TheBuck27 »

My first PS2 game was WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It. I was very into wrestling at the time and the Smackdown series was my favorite on the PS1. So I got my first PS2 exclusively for Just Bring It, and I loved it. It's still a fun game, I still pop it in every now and then.

Today, I have 200 PS2 games in my collection.