Guilty Pleasures on the PS2?

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Guilty Pleasures on the PS2?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

What are some games or modes in games that you love having some mindless fun with, even if it is the case that the game or game mode is actually terrible lol.

Some of my guilty gaming pleasures on the ps2 are

State of Emergency's "Last Clone Standing" mode. You basically just run around slaughtering helpless clones. It is quite relaxing after you have had a stressful day lol.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Another guilty pleasure of mine is the "Road Rage" mode in Burnout 3. I can play the various maps they have for this mode for hours and never actually get any real races done lol. I love trying to break my high score for the level of how many cars I crashed. This mode brings me back to some fun memories I had with the "Death Race" mode on F-Zero X on N64 where you started on a looping endless track and just tried to kill all other 30 racers as fast as possible.

In the video the "Road Rage" mode starts at 5:55

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: Guilty Pleasures on the PS2?

Post by NoLimits »

I find NFL Street 3 really fun. Ever since I stopped my crazy Madden addicition a few years ago ;) I have played this on occasions instead. It's a lot more fun to just pick up and play a quick few games. I love the totally unrealistic hits and moves like running along the walls to avoid tackles. Sweet stuff.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I likes the original NFL street. It's nice to find someone who like sports games other than me lol. :lol:

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Yeah I do enjoy a good sports game and I used to be a Madden addict until I stopped playing it after Madden 08.

TheBuck27
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: TheBuck27

Post by TheBuck27 »

I love Last Clone Standing and Road Rage too.

I guess my guilty pleasure is playing NHL 2002 on easy difficulty and just destroying the AI. Smashing people, injuring every player, trying to rack up as many penalty minutes and points as possible. Pretty much mindless fun and it's awesome.

Specifically NHL 2002. It was my first hockey game on the PS2, and when I tried to play NHL 2003 I hated it, so I never played another one, heh.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Heh I used to have some old hockey game on n64 where I loved checking people around and it let you get into fights. I should get some on ps2 so I can continue that tradition haha.

Awesom3B
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: Awesom3B

Post by Awesom3B »

I put in a secnd controller and pick sniper in splitscreen and do headshots in Medal of Honor: European Assult.

1PlayerD
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 1PlayerD »

SSX Tricky Practice mode, like just going through the maps without worrying about weather I get to the end or not. :P