just thought i would comment on ps2 component connection

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
altecgodofchaos
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

just thought i would comment on ps2 component connection

Post by altecgodofchaos »

i just wanted to share my experience with the component cable for ps2. now if anyone of you really want to get the most out of your ps2, than you need to get the component cable for ps2. the dvd playback especially through the component cables are amazing, the picture is very vivid and clear, and the games look awesome. now if the games support progressive than, its fucking kick ass! scarface never looked better, and gran turismo 4 with its 1080i looks amazing.
(gmt-7)

Live in your world.
play in ours.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: just thought i would comment on ps2 component connection

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I use ps2 component cables on my standard definition tv and in many games the difference is amazing. I really notice the difference in games like Jak X: Combat Racing and Timesplitters Future Perfect.

altecgodofchaos
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by altecgodofchaos »

i gotta say Gran Turismo 4 pushed the ps2 to its limits, i think that game shown the true potential of the system, even with regular rca cables. the game looks amazing at 480P , and 1080I. if anyone here is looking for some good thrills than get this game, and the Logitech driving force pro force feedback wheel. this game is the most realistic racing simulation game i have ever played, and recommend it to anyone who likes racing games.
(gmt-7)

Live in your world.
play in ours.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I felt that going from composite to S-Video was a bigger leap then S-Video to component. On S-Video, the colors are much tighter, the picture is crystal clear and fine detail is easier to observe. Over component, color bleeding is reduced and progressive scan can be enabled. It only tightens up what S-Video brought to the table instead of being a considerable difference for PS2 games.

Playing games on composite when I am visiting at my friend's place is a real shock to me. I always wonder how I put up with those blurry graphics for so many years. :lol:
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Scoopers
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: scoopers

Post by Scoopers »

does anyone hear a difference in sound? I play a DVD and I have to turn my Standard TV up to 60 to hear anything and on PS3 or even the DVD player it has perfect playback on 20, even PS2 games sound fine its just the DVD on my slim/Fat PS2's.
No Shots Impossible, Its the shots missed that could be regretted.

(gmt-5)

noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Post by noonotthat »

I actually noticed this back when I used to use my tv speakers (glad I'm long past that.) I think there is some option within the ps2 dvd player menu to mess with the sound output settings.

Getting component cables doesn't affect the sound quality as your still using rca cables and analog audio. The only way to get better audio quality from your ps2 is to use the digital out on it and hook it up to an audio receiver.
No lube for me!

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

component video is awesome is awesome especially when i play my ps2 on my 720p television and put socom on 480p it looks hi def
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under a loaded gun
And it cant be out fought,it cant be out done
it cant be out match.it cant be out run.NO!

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

Mytho wrote:I felt that going from composite to S-Video was a bigger leap then S-Video to component. On S-Video, the colors are much tighter, the picture is crystal clear and fine detail is easier to observe...
Playing games on composite when I am visiting at my friend's place is a real shock to me. I always wonder how I put up with those blurry graphics for so many years. :lol:
I had a similar experience a year ago, when I bought the 3-in-1 S-Video adapter by Intec and connected it to my TV set. I saw a huge improvement in video quality when playing Gamecube and Playstation 2 games. (I don't own an Xbox yet.)

About a month ago, my friends came over to play, and they assumed that we were using a high definition TV set. I explained to them that it's actually only in standard definition, buy they didn't believe me at first! My brother suggested that I was using progressive scan, but I told them that progressive scan isn't even possible on a CRT monitor! I guess it just goes to show how far high quality connections/cables can go, with regard to improving picture quality!
(gmt-4)

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by chak88 »

any one suggest where I can find a quality component cable ?