Virtua Fighter 4

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Virtua Fighter 4

Post by lazyhoboguy »

So noonotthat mentioned to me that the greatest hits version of this game was supposed to be far superior to the original release of it. I forget what he said though, so maybe he or someone else could fill me in again.

I booted up this game and played it for an hour or so, and I quite like it. So if the greatest hits version of the game is really substantially better I may have to trade this one in and buy that.

I used to own a Virtua Fighter game on the PC as a kid. I remember playing it with the number pad over to the right on the keyboard lol. Despite that horrible control setup I used, I had a blast playing it. Fighting and old bearded geezer, getting your ass kicked by a ninja, and lots of other Virtua Fighter memories flooded back into my mind while playing Virtua Fighter 4 haha. Even without my nostalgia, I think I would still enjoy this game a lot.

noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Re: Virtua Fighter 4

Post by noonotthat »

greatest hits has like a career mode where, you play in virtual arcades against other "players" It ads a lot more replay, plus the game added a new character and the gameplay and performance was tightened up a little bit. Trust me its worth getting the greatest hit's version.
No lube for me!