Goodbye [MAYBE! HOPEFULLY NOT!]

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Re: Goodbye [MAYBE! HOPEFULLY NOT!]

Post by wawowe »

when you bake it let it heat up with the oven, remove the battery, and pretty much wrap the whole thing in foil except for the gpu, bottom and top. make sure it's elevated, being held up from the sides and Not leaning at an angle. and when you take it out let it cool on a flat surface for about 15 minutes before you move it. really 350f should be enough.
sorry you're ps3 died from it Mr.Chale. sucks to lose that thing. when you say it doesn't even power on.. does the red led light up when you hit the switch on the back? you should check all over the board to see if anything busted or dried out. it's probably not completely dead.

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

wawowe wrote:when you bake it let it heat up with the oven, remove the battery, and pretty much wrap the whole thing in foil except for the gpu, bottom and top. make sure it's elevated, being held up from the sides and Not leaning at an angle. and when you take it out let it cool on a flat surface for about 15 minutes before you move it. really 350f should be enough.
sorry you're ps3 died from it Mr.Chale. sucks to lose that thing. when you say it doesn't even power on.. does the red led light up when you hit the switch on the back? you should check all over the board to see if anything busted or dried out. it's probably not completely dead.
I took it to this this certified place and they said the CPU is completely worn and dead. they put some more paste on it and it was enough for me to get my game and data off. It still works but heats up extremely fast.
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

i don't think they're telling you everything.. they probably cleaned of the old paste and put it under a heat lamp for 20 minutes or so and then put on some new paste. if it heats up super fast like that ie the fan goes crazy after a couple minutes of having it on, then they applied too much thermal paste which would cause it to act as insulation for the processors instead of a way to transfer the heat away. also they should have bent the clamps in a little bit before they screwed them back on.

if it's working right now, no need to bake it, just fix it the rest of the way

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

i got a cheap adapter from a local place that came with the adapter, the box, the instructions, and the start-up disc. It is all like new. The disc is the only thing that looks used because it has a small scratch. Oh, and i also got another bf2:mc account! I'm very happy about the adapter and the account and hope to get xlink kai working soon.
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)