My custom-built arcade-style joystick controller

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

My custom-built arcade-style joystick controller

Post by Masquarr »

http://imageshack.us/g/687/toppanel.jpg/
Those are photos of the joystick controller I made. It's quite large, I know! Both joysticks are mapped to the d-pad. The joystick on the left is a SUZO-HAPP Omni stick, and the stick on the right is a Sanwa JLF. The Omni stick is tighter, with shorter engage distances. (It's good for playing 2D shooters, etc.) The JLF is looser, with longer engage distances, and is thus better for "flicking," (when playing fighters.) In retrospect, having two joysticks optimized for different types of games was probably a waste of time, money, and space. It probably would have been better to get an "on-between" stick, but oh, well. If I ever end up building another one, for playing two player games, I might remove one of the joysticks, and put it into the other controller.

Most of the face buttons are horizontal HAPP pushbuttons with Micro-Leaf (TM) switches.

The yellow box is a PS2 controller "brain," whereas the brown cardboard box is a Gamecube controller "brain." I didn't finish the Xbox 360 "brain" yet.
(gmt-4)