PS2 Mics

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

PS2 Mics

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

How many people on here actually use mics on ps2 and what games do you use them on? I tryed using my ps3 turtle beaches on cod2 and it recognized the mic but i dont know if anyone could hear me. I dont know of anyone ever using a mic on ps2. Just wondering..... O.o
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: PS2 Mics

Post by NoLimits »

I bought a Dynex USB Headset which I thought would work for PS2 and PS3, but only worked for PS3, so I can't use a mic on the PS2.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Most of use logitech usb headsets. They work on ps2, ps3, and PC. Even when games support microphones on ps2, we still use Skype on a PC because the voice quality is a lot better. Pretty much every PS2 game with mic support has horrible audio quality. I believe in COD2 BRO in order for the mic to have sound you have to pause the game and adjust the mic or audio volume. It is by default set extremely low or off.

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Yeah, the mic on my Dynex headset doesn't work anymore so I'm looking to get a Logitech one so I can use it with PS2 as well. There only $10 at GS used but I doubt I'll see it in the store. I also saw one posted on Ebay with a Buy It Now price of $16 free shipping.

noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Post by noonotthat »

If you get a logitech one I would avoid the ones with the volume wheels on it. I know lazy had one before and it gave him issues after while because of the connection between the volume wheel and would cut out intermittently. It also had a mute button on it that lazy would constantly accidentally hit and not realize it, which was very inconvenient for every one, lol.
No lube for me!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

noonotthat wrote:If you gt a logitech one I would avoid the ones with the volume wheels on it. I know lazy had one before and it gave him issues after while because of the connection between the volume wheel and would cut out intermittently. It also had a mute button on it that lazy would constantly accidentally hit and not realize it, which was very inconvenient for every one, lol.
Lol very true. The logitech usb headset with a volume wheel seemed to break after on year of use every time. The connection to the volume wheels always broke like noonotthat mentioned.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

We mainly use skype for voice chat anyway so any one that works on pc would be good if you using skype.

Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Rapth »

Glad I found this thread. I have been considering buying a PS2 microphone ever since I got my PS2. Never got around to it. Mostly want one for when I play with my personal friends, but I should get one to talk to you guys as well. I do not plan to EVER get skype, so you have to deal with my poor sound quality... Hahahahaha.
(gmt-7)

Daytony
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: Daytony

Post by Daytony »

These work with PS2, It recognizes it anyways, you can then use ANY headset with 3.5mm Mic/Spk jacks on your PS2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... OC:US:1123
(gmt-6)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I might actually have to test this out. I have been looking for something like this that would work with the ps2. I assume it would work with the ps3 then too.