PS2 Not reading Mega Memory Max CD (HELP!)

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
1PlayerD
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

PS2 Not reading Mega Memory Max CD (HELP!)

Post by 1PlayerD »

I recently got the PS2 Memory Max CD, I was expecting a memory max memory card, but I didn't get one. But I already own 1 PS2 memory card, and 1PS1 Memory Card, but when I put in the disc, the PS2 recognizes it as a NON PS2 format. Its one of the blue discs, but my Half-Life CD is a blue disc and only takes a try to get it to work, but on the memory max it wont.

Whats going on here? :(

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Re: PS2 Not reading Mega Memory Max CD (HELP!)

Post by wawowe »

If you were expecting the card and got the CD you should make sure that where ever you bought it from wasn't advertising it as the card. If they were you should get your money back.

Before they figured out how to emulate/clone magicgate, companies like datel provided a boot cd with their memory card that would modify the ps2's memory card driver on boot so that it wouldn't check to see if it was an official card. That's how they got away with not paying sony to sell memory cards for their system...

Without a one of those old datel cards that cd is completely useless whether it actually boots or not. If you decide to get a datel card make sure that you get one of the modern ones since they don't need a boot disc. Personally I'd recommend the 32mb katana card if you want one with a lot of space. It's four 8mb memory cards built into one with switches to change between them. Either that one, an official sony card, or that yellow/blue nyko card are the most reliable in my experience

1PlayerD

Post by 1PlayerD »

I got a refund, and was aloud to keep the disc. I want to go ahead and get a Datel card, see what the outcome is.

noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Post by noonotthat »

I honestly wouldn't bother getting one of the cards. My friend had one of those back when ps2 was still new, it's a real hassle having to put in that boot disc every single time you want to play a game with that memory card. The nyko ones are fairly cheap online and I would say are the best 3rd party memory card you can get.
No lube for me!

1PlayerD

Post by 1PlayerD »

noonotthat wrote:I honestly wouldn't bother getting one of the cards. My friend had one of those back when ps2 was still new, it's a real hassle having to put in that boot disc every single time you want to play a game with that memory card. The nyko ones are fairly cheap online and I would say are the best 3rd party memory card you can get.
I already have experience in using the cards and software, back when ps2 was still new for me as well. :P
I just want to be able to manage the data and what not.

noonotthat
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: noonotthat

Post by noonotthat »

well just make sure you take good care of the disc, I remember my friends got a few scratches and then became an even bigger hassle to use. I suppose it might be nice for a data back up in place of a hard drive. Good luck!
No lube for me!