EA voted worst company in America

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

EA voted worst company in America

Post by jacobgrocks »

weegee22
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: weegee22

Re: EA voted worst company in America

Post by weegee22 »

wow shocker
(gmt-4)

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Good they deserve it. Ripping people off and constantly shutting down servers. Plus they have rude customer service and Origin is just stupid imo.
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

Saw this a week ago or so, and all I really have to say is the following: You reap what you sow. Keep treating people like crap, and see what happens. It isn't pretty.

I wanted to play several of their PS2 online games, such as James Bond: Everything or Nothing and SSX 3, but EA saw fit to shut the servers down after only two years. The successors to these games didn't contain an online mode, so we lost unique experiences when EA shut the servers off.

I also don't care for their policy of leaving LAN mode out of nearly all of their online games. They think that destroying any long-term value will get people to line up and buy their new games. That may be true for yearly sports releases such as Madden or NBA Live, but what about games such as Burnout or Battlefield that have strong fan bases? I understand it's a business, but you do have to show the consumers some degree of goodwill, or else they're going to feel ripped off.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

Mytho wrote:Saw this a week ago or so, and all I really have to say is the following: You reap what you sow. Keep treating people like crap, and see what happens. It isn't pretty.

I wanted to play several of their PS2 online games, such as James Bond: Everything or Nothing and SSX 3, but EA saw fit to shut the servers down after only two years. The successors to these games didn't contain an online mode, so we lost unique experiences when EA shut the servers off.

I also don't care for their policy of leaving LAN mode out of nearly all of their online games. They think that destroying any long-term value will get people to line up and buy their new games. That may be true for yearly sports releases such as Madden or NBA Live, but what about games such as Burnout or Battlefield that have strong fan bases? I understand it's a business, but you do have to show the consumers some degree of goodwill, or else they're going to feel ripped off.
Oh, EA's still pulling the server shutdown BS. They are shutting games that used ONLINE PASSES down, along with games where the MP was the main feature, or games with heavy emphasis on co-op.

Plus, the lack-of-lan-mode is stupid as well, especially when the game gets shut down on consoles, then it's dead for good.