PS2 gamer from Latvia

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Disfigurator
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

PS2 gamer from Latvia

Post by Disfigurator »

Hi there!

I'm a gamer near my 30's (oh my, sounds so much) gaming since childhood and had my PS2 Slim since year 2006. Access to regular internet connection I have since about 2010. But, as I prefer single player games, I didn't really need to connect my PS2 to the WEB. But anyway - a few days ago I decided to connect my PS2 Slim to the router, pop in some net games and see what happens. Much to my surprise MK: Deception showed that online play is still active! But there wasn't anyone in the rooms. So I started to google stuff and found this site.

Favorite genres (games)?
Horror (Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Forbidden Siren), Action (God Of War; MGS), Adventure (Legacy Of Kain) and a little bit of Driving (Rally) and platformers, classic games.
Gamespot list: http://www.gamespot.com/users/ichtus/ga ... e?mode=own

Besides gaming - Horror media, 35mm film photography and Urban Exploration.
-Goldfish, Cheetos, or Cheez-Its, which is superior?
Lol, nice question. I live in Europe and have seen them in stores. But for snacks I prefer some spicy potato chips and beer. Or salmiakki licorice with water. Or Jack Daniels straight on rocks. Or Rīgas Melnais Balzams : )

weegee22
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai username: weegee22

Re: PS2 gamer from Latvia

Post by weegee22 »

oh hellooooo well most play ps2 online but it hasnt been the same we still play mostly on xlink some times on normal servers you may just maybe the oldest person cause im the youngest gamer here (i think )
(gmt-4)

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

I like a good beer, JD is over rated, if you have a good enough palate that is. Woodford reserve is very good.

I usually get a good drunk on and game out. Chances are, you name it and I've drank it. I love Sambuca way more then Jag

I don't know if you can join my room from where you're at but i host Tribes aa once in awhile
god of war, it was nice for me to play an off line game for a change and it was awesome
I'm into cod pretty hardcore

But as for here and if you can find it give Tribes AA a shot, that's what I'm all about

CHEERS! :twisted:

Disfigurator

Post by Disfigurator »

Well, I haven't drank much of variety of whiskey/bourbon (about 4 brands). But JD is my absolute favourite for now, but I sure would love to try Woodford Reserve : )

In fact I have only one (working) online game - the mentioned MK: Deception which I would love to try online. RE: Outbreak too is in my collection and it would be fun to finaly play it. If things should go fine, I might even buy other online games, say Twisted Metal Black online, other MK online games and some shooters just to have them: Area-51 (which I had, but sold way back); COD3 and SOCOM3 - never played them.

And Tribes: Aerial Assault indeed looks fun. I like the Quake vibe I see in the screenshots, but it seems, that it's not released to the PALs abroad.

So, is it possible in any way (xlink?) to play RE: Outbreak online?

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

i don't know about mk

I'd be down if game goes back online

my buddy loves resident eviL and so far from the people that know their shit

there's no way

if you ever here about RE online i'd like to know
i use to do the first killzone too
I'm not down with RE, i need to kill people or bots and leave friendly fire on in any game

tribes aa has a huge learning curve, so most people that suck at first and can't hang
or they just easily give up
well...
they just quit

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Disfigurator wrote:Well, I haven't drank much of variety of whiskey/bourbon (about 4 brands). But JD is my absolute favourite for now, but I sure would love to try Woodford Reserve : )

In fact I have only one (working) online game - the mentioned MK: Deception which I would love to try online. RE: Outbreak too is in my collection and it would be fun to finaly play it. If things should go fine, I might even buy other online games, say Twisted Metal Black online, other MK online games and some shooters just to have them: Area-51 (which I had, but sold way back); COD3 and SOCOM3 - never played them.

And Tribes: Aerial Assault indeed looks fun. I like the Quake vibe I see in the screenshots, but it seems, that it's not released to the PALs abroad.

So, is it possible in any way (xlink?) to play RE: Outbreak online?
Welcome. RE Outbreak is offline and will not work on Xlink Kai since the game is lacking a LAN mode. Twisted Metal Black Online's normal servers have been offline awhile, but it has a LAN mode and so can be played online through Xlink Kai.

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

there's been a server project in the works for awhile for biohazard outbreak 2, last thing i saw about it was a video of it working on someones local setup and it had yet to be released. the person working on it dissappears and reappears so it's not easy to keep track of, but they've said they intend to release the source once they're satisfied so that one may be back soon

Disfigurator

Post by Disfigurator »

Thanks for info, guys. Then it's really worth investing in TM: Black Online. Offline version I already have for years.

AKAJEF
Xlink Kai username: AKAJEF

Post by AKAJEF »

I want to join a private server to play Twisted Metal: Black Online. How do we play and where do I get the server information to set it up?

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

TMBO is offline normally. You need to use LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai if you want to play the game online now. You'd need to download and install Xlink Kai on your computer to play it online. Read the faqs at xlink kai's website: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk

If you need more help getting setup you can ask us for more help.