Hello Im Horageous!

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Horageous
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Horageous

Hello Im Horageous!

Post by Horageous »

Hello! I enjoy playing my ps2 online, and have several games that are playable by LAN tunneling. The game I enjoy the most is Time Splitters Future Perfect although no one else is ever on in Xlink Kai which is depressing since its one of the most enjoyable and probably the best FPS of that generation.

Other Games I have for LAN tunneling:
-Timesplitters 2
-Socom 2
-Socom Combined Assault
-Jak X Combat Racing
-Star Wars Battlefront 2

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Hello Im Horageous!

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Welcome man. Timesplitters FP is a blast to play and I wish I could join you on Xlink Kai, but I do not have the ability to touch the router where I live currently, so cannot port forward and get xlink kai working. Eventually I might pay for my own dsl line so I can LAN tunnel again, but wont be any time soon. For ps2 xlink kai you have to plan games in advance. So just keep trying and you'll hopefully get some games going. Try to plan a game in advance, and remind people as the game time approaches. Its also helpful to add people on instant messengers to stay in touch.

Horageous

Post by Horageous »

Yeah I scheduled a tsfp game last week and got 2 players. It was really fun actually, we played for like an hour before I had to leave. I have noticed that there always seems to be games going in SOCOM II and SOCOM Combined Assault on xlink. Socom can be fun if you have lots of people.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

TSFP can be a blast with 3 people. Some maps work better than others for small player counts like that. I wrote up some hosting suggestions for that game awhile back if you want to check it out:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=21&t=118

LittleW00D
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: LittleW00D

Post by LittleW00D »

Timesplitters was a blast the other weekend.

Ironically I had managed to get Xlink to work first time despite the the fact that I could never get it working properly before with the help of lazyhoboguy, Pinatta and a bunch of other people helping!
Looks like I'm a few year too late getting Xlink to work.
(gmt)

Horageous

Post by Horageous »

LittleW00D wrote:Timesplitters was a blast the other weekend.

Ironically I had managed to get Xlink to work first time despite the the fact that I could never get it working properly before with the help of lazyhoboguy, Pinatta and a bunch of other people helping!
Looks like I'm a few year too late getting Xlink to work.
Yeah Timesplitters is a great game, I'm surprised more people don't play it on xlink. I'll try to start up another game this Friday if I can. Around 7 or 8pm cst (USA). As for xlink, I have never had problems with it. All I had to do was download it and it has worked fine ever since. I didn't even need to do any setup lol.

LittleW00D
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: LittleW00D

Post by LittleW00D »

Yep it sure is a shame, but you're so lucky that you didn't have to put up with the stress of setting it up like I did!

Sure a game around that time sound fine for me, I'll just have to try and stay awake as its been a long physical day.
(gmt)