A Toasty Introduction...

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
POP_Toasty
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

A Toasty Introduction...

Post by POP_Toasty »

Hi everybody!

I joined this site a while back and almost forgot to introduce myself.

The PS2 is... basically my favorite console (my second fav being the Sega Dreamcast). It's only been about the past year or so that I started getting interested in online PS2 games. I really wish I started playing online earlier as there just seems to be so many great online games that are no longer up... oh well.

I don't remember how exactly I came across this site, I think I was just doing some random online searches, trying to find out which PS2 games were still up.

The only PS2 games I own right now that are still up are BF2:MC, and maybe THPS3? I used to play BF2 on the xbox before they shut down the servers. It was a lot of fun, so when I learned that the PS2 version was still up, I had to get it of course.

I'm hoping to get online pretty soon :D
PSN ID: POP_Toasty

JamesCableCar
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Re: A Toasty Introduction...

Post by JamesCableCar »

Welcome to the site bro! Yeah man I wish I had started playing PS2 online earlier, but there you go haha :D BF2 still has many people kicking around and THPS3 you can still get online in a way :D Are those the only online games you have, or are there more?
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D

POP_Toasty

Post by POP_Toasty »

Well, I also have the original Star Wars Battlefront and Tony Hawks Underground... and maybe a couple others, my PS2 collection is kind of scattered at the moment.

I just tried setting up an account on BF2, but it didn't work out so well. I'm gonna try again latter today.

JamesCableCar

Post by JamesCableCar »

Ahh right okay man.

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

BF2MC needs a special DNS to make accounts. SWBF2 is still up and no account is needed, plus it runs over LAN. GameSpy died for many older games (PC was also affected), but you can use bobz dns to access an alternate GameSpy server which works for many games that were more popular like Flatout 2 or the CoDs (Though they WILL be dead, you will need to set up a time). The Midnight clubs are still up as well, but deadish, however MC3 has LAN and MC2 doesn't use DNAS checks. FF11 is still up, but the new expansion is Japan Only on PS2, and the game exists on Xbox and PC as well. Champions of Norrath is still up I think but dead mostly.

Sadly most games went out this year, the Sony games (SOCOM, R&C) and all games using dnses for them, the UBIsoft games, Everquest, 2k sports games, and at the end, most of GameSpy's games due to Gamespys change of ownership (This also affected PC as well, luckily PC had tunngle and gameranger)

Far fewer PS2 games had LAN then on the Xbox though, so if you really want to play a certain game online, you'd be better off using the Xbox and PC versions. Preferably the PC version if one exists, since nobody tunnels Xbox unless it's Halo 2.

POP_Toasty

Post by POP_Toasty »

Thanks. I already set up an account on BF2 and played more than a couple of matches :D

Really sucks about all those gamespy games though. Also, I didn't know R&C online went down so recently. Up Your Arsenal had really fun multiplayer, so that sucks.

JamesCableCar

Post by JamesCableCar »

Might as well put this in but Sony released all the R&C games for PS3 and I've been on Up Your Arsenel and online. People kick about on that game on the PS3 so yeah...