I'm new and confused

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
super8429
Level 1: Deer Hunter

I'm new and confused

Post by super8429 »

Hey guys i'm a ps2 gamer and i'm itching to play online. But i do need help setting things up and seeing what i need.

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Re: I'm new and confused

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Well first you have to make sure that you have ps2 games that are still online. Go look at game scheduling to find out what's mostly played and is still online. You'll need a memory card and you'll need to know what dns to use for which online game you play and some games use xlink kai. I would say to start with what games you would want to play online and check and see if you can still play them.

super8429
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by super8429 »

teamR@@K!E wrote:Well first you have to make sure that you have ps2 games that are still online. Go look at game scheduling to find out what's mostly played and is still online. You'll need a memory card and you'll need to know what dns to use for which online game you play and some games use xlink kai. I would say to start with what games you would want to play online and check and see if you can still play them.
ok so another noob question, do i need a ps2 network adapter

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Well you say you are A ps2 gamer itching to play online and no you don't need a network adapter to play online...

you need a ps2

noob answer

Hunk91
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

super8429 wrote:
teamR@@K!E wrote:Well first you have to make sure that you have ps2 games that are still online. Go look at game scheduling to find out what's mostly played and is still online. You'll need a memory card and you'll need to know what dns to use for which online game you play and some games use xlink kai. I would say to start with what games you would want to play online and check and see if you can still play them.
ok so another noob question, do i need a ps2 network adapter

If you have a Slim PS2, there's no need of network adapter, as it is integreted in the console.

Slim PS2:

http://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/201 ... view-1.gif

If you have a FAT PS2 you will need one.

Fat PS2 :

http://trinifieds.com/classifieds/wp-co ... 132178.jpg

Network adapter for Fat PS2 :

https://www.gocybershopping.com/images/T/t_1286_01.jpg
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O