Hi there!

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Hi there!

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi everybody!

I'm so happy to see that some games can still be played onlne on our be loved PS2!

I'm the proud owner of a Fat PAL PS2 since 2001. I played very few with it, and the last time I used to play on it was back in 2005!

And I never had a broadband adapter so I never played online! A few months ago I bought a broadband adapter for my console, but I never had time to test some games online! Now I think it is time!

So I hope to meet you on some match. I think I will try with Tribe AA wich seems to be still played by a lot of players!

I hope to also play on Resident Evil oubreak #1 and #2 soon on the fn made server.

One question, if I have questions or issues regarding some configurations where should I post?

Please all have a nice journey

Best regards

hunk91
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Viscosity
site admin

Re: Hi there!

Post by Viscosity »

Welcome to the site! What configurations do you need help with?

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

You'll need to enter the right dns for any ps2 game that can still be played online and then there's xlink kai and i'm not into to that.

For tribes you'll need to manually add 142.4.223.231 from the network configuration at the bottom of the screen of the main menu of tribes.

swbf 1 and 2 i think are still online with the right dns and that is 162.243.230.247
cod 1, 2, and 3 uses game spy dns 198.91.90.160
Mortal Kombat Armageddon uses bobz dns
i don't have resident evil, but if you find a way for you to make it work online, let me know. I have a friend that loves that game.

There's a lot of ps2 games that you can't enter the dns from the main menu on the game so i do all of this from tribes main menu.
If you'll like to see a good tribes aa video, google tribes aa duel 2006 video and check it out.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

HI!

thanks a lot Viscosity and team teamR@@K!E for your warm welcome and explanations!

I'm mostly looking for games that do not use xlink kai (I saw that Tribe AA use it unfortunatly). I will try with xlink kai later.

I think I will give it a try for Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 and Call of duty and may be Mortal Kombat

As for Resident Evil Out Break file#1 and #2, I wanted to test if I could connect to the server yesterday with PCSX2, and it was successfull! I hope to do it with my PS2 soon. I'm still a rookie for PS2 net games, so I need to practice more in order to have the best experience and fun with the other players!

So, my next step is to make a conenction to a server with the real hardware!

I hope to see you and the other players soon, on one of those previously quoted games!

Please have a nice day

best regards

Hunk91

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

You don't need to use xlink kai to play tribes online.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi teamR@@K!E! thank you for your answer regarding Tribes Aerial Assault!

I just got a copy of that game (and also a copy of Deer Hunter). I hope to play it soon and may be meet you online for a match with other players!

Best regards

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Well if you have tribes make sure to set the dns number.

All online games you can play on tribes you can play offline for practice.

When you're in the game, hit start, go over to player, and try out first and third person view.

You really need third person for vehicles and i think third is best as your player. To get into a vehicle, either hit start and go pick one yourself, or to jump into one, fly really high and then move over, don't hit buttons to get in. All tribes vehicles are topless so you just need to fly into the pilot's seat and i think its easier doing that in third person view.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi teamR@@K!E! Thank you for the advice.

I couldn't test it yesterday on my console. I just tested it on PCSX2. I could set the DNS in the connection settings, then I chosed "Online One Player", then I saw a server screen with a server named "Master server". I clhoosed it and then I have an error message wihich says "Invalid Password" . I didn't entered any password at all.

i won't have time to test it on my console this week , may be Saturday. Is there some kind of tutorial or video to show how to connect?

I also found my copy of Battlefield 2! I will try to play it online with bobz DNS. Last time I was not successfull (1 year and a half ago)

Please have a nice day

Best regards

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

If you can see the master list room then you're at the right spot. The master list is a room you can't join, but now you can join a scheduled game, when someone is hosting. When someone hosts tribe you'll see their room under the master list room. As for bf2, i'd say give up on it. They have been saying that they're close to it bringing it back online since December and they keep getting closer and closer or they found a different new guy they never knew before saying they can do it.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Thank you teamR@@K!E for those informations! It's great news. Now I need to connect for a schedule match, but the time difference between USA and Europe will not be in my favor... :-(