Hey fellow retro-geeks!

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Andes Attack
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Hey fellow retro-geeks!

Post by Andes Attack »

Another retro and proud :lol: geek here, never got rid of my old PS2 and it's always chipped in with game-time, predominantly on the CODs (predominantly Big Red One, the first COD I ever completed (a whole 2 years ago!)), Shadow Of The Colossus (still stuck on number 10, the sand-dwelling git), the Resi's but mainly 4, and a few others. But only since hooking up online with my son's 360 and XB1 did I entertain doing the same with the PS2, and figured I was too late anyway. I'm glad to have been wrong.
Would love to be able to play Rogue Trooper too but looks like that's Xlink only, I tried to set that up but couldn't get it working. Any recommendations for other openspy games still drawing a crowd? My PS2 is unmodded so Tribes is out of the question, looks like a Halo rip-off from youtoob vids but I'm open to being corrected on that one ;)
Anyway yeah hi, see you online :)
Dave

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Re: Hey fellow retro-geeks!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Your ps2 is unmodded so you can't play tribes?

That would be like me saying "I'd love to play cod 1 2 or 3 on the ps2, but my ps2 is unmodded"

WHAT?

or

My ps2 is unmodded so any cod game for the ps2 is out of the question.

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

I guess he don't own Tribes so he cant download and use the ISO.

Rogue Troopers work with OpenSpy, i've tested my self few days ago with a friend.
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

daps2

Post by daps2 »

Andes Attack wrote:Another retro and proud :lol: geek here, never got rid of my old PS2 and it's always chipped in with game-time, predominantly on the CODs (predominantly Big Red One, the first COD I ever completed (a whole 2 years ago!)), Shadow Of The Colossus (still stuck on number 10, the sand-dwelling git), the Resi's but mainly 4, and a few others. But only since hooking up online with my son's 360 and XB1 did I entertain doing the same with the PS2, and figured I was too late anyway. I'm glad to have been wrong.
Would love to be able to play Rogue Trooper too but looks like that's Xlink only, I tried to set that up but couldn't get it working. Any recommendations for other openspy games still drawing a crowd? My PS2 is unmodded so Tribes is out of the question, looks like a Halo rip-off from youtoob vids but I'm open to being corrected on that one ;)
Anyway yeah hi, see you online :)
Dave
Cod 2 game this weekend :)

Andes Attack
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Andes Attack »

Vedita BR wrote:I guess he don't own Tribes so he cant download and use the ISO.

Rogue Troopers work with OpenSpy, i've tested my self few days ago with a friend.
Rogue Trooper works?? Blimey that's excellent news, must give it a whirl, cheers muchly for the heads-up!

As for Tribes....it's an NTSC/US game only no? (I might be wrong on that). If I'm right, then obviously my PAL PS2 won't play it, so the only way to do so is to mod your PS2 to play copies or discs from any region, I guess? I have no idea how feasible it is to modify one, haven't looked into it at all.

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Check for free mcboot memory card on ebay @):- ;-)
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

daps2

Post by daps2 »

Andes Attack wrote:
Vedita BR wrote:I guess he don't own Tribes so he cant download and use the ISO.

Rogue Trooper works?? Blimey that's excellent news, must give it a whirl, cheers muchly for the heads-up!

As for Tribes....it's an NTSC/US game only no? (I might be wrong on that). If I'm right, then obviously my PAL PS2 won't play it, so the only way to do so is to mod your PS2 to play copies or discs from any region, I guess? I have no idea how feasible it is to modify one, haven't looked into it at all.
I have a pal console un modded (apart from some black tape) which plays tribes and other ntsc games like socom 2. Go google swap magic