New PS2 Owner

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Mikewilzn
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: Mikewilzn

New PS2 Owner

Post by Mikewilzn »

Hey guys my name is Michael, you can call me Mikewilzn. I just got a PS2 for the first time last week and am very excited to play all the games and do some cool mods.

-How did you find this website? I found this website whilst browsing /r/PS2 on Reddit
-How long have you been gaming? I've been gaming since about 5 years old (I'm 16 now) with my Genesis
-What other consoles do you own?
  • Sega Genesis/Megadrive
  • Playstation 4
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Nintendo DS
  • Playstation 1
-What got you interested in playing Playstation 2 games online? I love the idea of it and would enjoy playing the games with fellow PS2 lovers
-What are your favorite PS2 games? Timesplitters 2, Katamari Damacy
-Besides gaming, what other stuff are you into?I am a huge cinephile and audiophile. I also like anything tech related and especially tech automation and setups (ex. NAS, HTPC)
-Goldfish, Cheetos, or Cheez-Its, which is superior? Definitely Cheez-its. And I loove Cheez-its snack mix. You guys have to try it if you haven't already.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to play with you guys. I do have to get a network adapter first though lol.
Last edited by Mikewilzn on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Re: New PS2 Owner

Post by DonkeyKong »

Hah.I never got Genesis (called Mega Drive in Europe), I continued playing my Famicom (NES) at that time ,sooner I got PlayStation.

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

I use to do some sonic and buster douglass puchout on sega.

I really like my fat ps2's, but to save yourself money, you should of bought the slim ps2 because the network connection is built in.

Look at the after game lobby for successful games that were played online and from there decide what games to buy to go online with.

Many ps2 games are not online at all anymore so i would say not to waste your time unless you want to play those games offline.

JamesCableCar
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by JamesCableCar »

if you want sure fire online games for ps2, get yourself the cod games, thats usually well attended when planned, and cod 3 still has the master server up believe it or not, and last time i played there were people on

good luck gaming
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D

Artur
Level 13: Midday Club 2
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Sierron

Post by Artur »

Welcome to PS2 Online Gaming :) If you are into modding you should look into getting FreeMCBoot on your PS2.
Mikewilzn wrote:-What are your favorite PS2 games? Timesplitters 2, Katamari Damacy
I like you. :D

You should probably get TimeSplitters Future Perfect also if you aren't already having it.

Mikewilzn

Post by Mikewilzn »

teamR@@K!E wrote:I really like my fat ps2's, but to save yourself money, you should of bought the slim ps2 because the network connection is built in.
I got the fat PS2 for the purpose of installing a hard drive and using it for game saves. Otherwise I would've gotten a slim
Last edited by Mikewilzn on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikewilzn

Post by Mikewilzn »

Artur wrote:Welcome to PS2 Online Gaming :) If you are into modding you should look into getting FreeMCBoot on your PS2.
Mikewilzn wrote:-What are your favorite PS2 games? Timesplitters 2, Katamari Damacy
I like you. :D

You should probably get TimeSplitters Future Perfect also if you aren't already having it.
Yeah I will get it soon enough but now that I have Timesplitters 2, I want to get some other games before I get another Timesplitters game

Sem43
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: Sem43

Post by Sem43 »

At the weekend we play Call of Duty 2 big red one for PlayStation 2

Artur
Level 13: Midday Club 2
Xlink Kai username: Sierron

Post by Artur »

Mikewilzn wrote:Yeah I will get it soon enough but now that I have Timesplitters 2, I want to get some other games before I get another Timesplitters game
TimeSplitters Future Perfect has a higher chance than TimeSplitters 2 to find people who will play with you (even if the overall chance is quite low). And that TSFP has a better internet capability.