Sargon

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Sargon
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Sargon`

Sargon

Post by Sargon »

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled upon this website last night and I'm very excited to have found what appears to be an active PS2 online gaming community. I am what I would refer to as a "video game hoarder", meaning I have a closet full of games for systems that have never even been touched. Because of that, I have no plans to ever buy a PS3 or Xbox360 and would love to extend the life of my PS2 with some online play.

It will probably be a couple weeks before I get a PS2 set up in my game room (a replacement system is on its way), but once I do I will hopefully start looking to join in some of the scheduled games. Gran Turismo 4 has me the most intrigued, although I'm skeptical that it can be played without lag, since I remember attempting to run a 4 player game over my LAN a few years ago and it didn't work very well. Other than that, I'm willing to give anything a try. It looks like Time Splitters is a popular series, so I'll have to pick up a copy of Future Perfect.

I just installed XLink Kai last night and my tag is Sargon`

I am looking forward to being a part of this community and I hope to see you guys all in-game very soon!

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: Sargon

Post by NoLimits »

Looking forward to seeing you around 8-)

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Welcome. I am interested in trying Gran Turismo 4 too. If you need help getting xlink setup we have a support section that we can help you our with. There are many Online PS2 games and some even have there servers up too! Welcome to the site.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Glad to have you on the site man. I think a lot of us on this site are game hoarders haha. At least I am.

For Xlink Kai, make sure you downloade the older version 7.3.1.7. The newest version does not work with Playstation 2.

You can get it in the downloads section of their site. Go to "select your download" and pick "Xlink Kai Evolution 7" and it will download version 7.3.1.7 of Xlink Kai.

You can also download the version directly through this link:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/XLink ... -win32.msi

altecgodofchaos
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by altecgodofchaos »

hey Sargon you should game against me on ps2 on the official servers. i have star wars battlefront I & II, Midnightclub 3 dub edition remix, call of duty 3 rachet and clank deadlocked, killzone:should be at my house in a week, call of duty 2 big red one: should also be at my house in a week. i also bought a usb headset so i can chat with you if you also have a headset
(gmt-7)

Live in your world.
play in ours.