Found my way ...

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Found my way ...

Post by no23 »

... to this site long time ago. I just didn't register :)

Now that I'm need of help in a bigger scope I thought it would be a good idea to register and find people with lots of PS2 online games.

I'm No23 (or the_fog on some other sites), developer of the private Outbreak servers and former owner of obsrv.org, former main developer of the tmbo private server and cybernecromancy enthusiast (for example the pre-alpha version of MGO's private server was done by me). My main focus is not to play the games but to preserve them. Since this is a legally dangerous task most of the time I am not going the open source way like others but I make sure that the projects get into hands willing to carry on the torch.

This leads me to the core point. I recently began to develop a replacement server for Sony's DNAS service. It is meant to work only for games that are already offline or only playable through private servers. In no way it is meant to enable playing with pirated copies. The replacement server already works for the games I really wanted to be safe (Biohazard Outbreak) and some others I like and might spend some work on in the future (Gundam vs. Z-Gundam, Monster Hunter 1, Monster Hunter 2). Those are all NTSC-J games and I plan to improve the replacement server to emulate the other gateways (eu, us), too.
For this task I need your help because I currently have no real overview about games still passing DNAS with redirection to Sony's new servers. And of course I don't own every single game one could like to emulate. So yeah, I'll open a topic for this soon if I'm allowed ;)

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Re: Found my way ...

Post by Hunk91 »

Welcome to the forum No23 aka the_fog!

Thank you so much for bringing back outbreak file 1 and 2!

I hope the Best for you and your future projects !

If I can be of any help, Just ask! I can play nearly every online games ! And I Think I know how to make paquets capture.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Wow, welcome to the site. I'm pretty much the guy who runs the site at this point. I will follow that thread. If you need packet captures or anything, let me know I can setup that up with any game you want.

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by no23 »

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I knew it would be the right place to find motivated people :)

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

I hope you will get what you are looking for, because it will be awesome if you could recreate a DNAS server!

I wish you the best for this project!
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O