Cool I joined

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Cool I joined

Post by carcass64 »

After a few attempts at registering with yahoo and aol emails, I finally made it through with gmail ;)
Anyways, I haven't been gaming since at least 2006-07-08ish since nothing after the PS2 generation excited me.
The sheer nostalgia and reading through No23 aka The Fog's DNAS thread made me register. In terms of PS2 online memories, I would have to say endless hours put into Socom 1, Socom 2, and Syphon Filter The Omega Strain as a teen during the high school days. I also rented Resident Evil outbreak a few times to play online, but I didn't have the hard drive for the PS2, which meant long load times to endure lol I still think those games are far more fun than what is considered fun nowadays.

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: Cool I joined

Post by Viscosity »

Welcome to the site! Sorry for the late reply. Good news is that the Resident Evil games are back online. Syphon Filter could potentially come back online with the return of the socom 1 master server that some people are working on. We had syphon filter working for awhile by piggy backing on the server of one of the socom games.

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

I remember reading about the piggy back server, which was piggy backing from a ratchet and clank game and Socom? and that Bobz was able to take advantage of this for some time? I found this out a little too late from reading a post on the gamefaqs forums. But i'm hoping the Socom 1 servers get revived successfully. I've been feeling nostalgic about that game. I know Socom 2 might be a bit more complex since DNAS and overall security packets.

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Post by Viscosity »

Well all the other socom games have LAN mode. Any game that has LAN mode can be tunneled through software like Xlink Kai to play online. There are always people playing either socom 2 or 3 on xlink.

Jane W. Mitchell
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by Jane W. Mitchell »

carcass64 wrote:After a few attempts at registering with yahoo and aol emails, I finally made it through with gmail ;)
Anyways, I haven't been gaming since at least 2006-07-08ish since nothing after the PS2 generation excited me.
The sheer nostalgia and reading through No23 aka The Fog's DNAS thread made me register. In terms of PS2 online memories, I would have to say endless hours put into Socom 1, Socom 2, and Syphon Filter The Omega Strain as a teen during the high school days. I also rented Resident Evil outbreak a few times to play online, but I didn't have the hard drive for the PS2, which meant long load times to endure lol I still think those games are far more fun than what is considered fun nowadays.
I had the similar problems with registration process :) But now I'm here as well as you :)
This is me! What you see is what you get.