Sup guys

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
djknitex
Level 2: My Street Resident

Sup guys

Post by djknitex »

Hey, just recently got a PS2 with a network adapter current online game I have now is socom navy seals... thinking of getting an online RPG like Gauntlet Seven Sorrows or one of the norrath games...

what games do you guys play?

My name is Nikki X, Detective

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: Sup guys

Post by Viscosity »

For the most part we plat. Timesplitters 2, and future perfect, Jak X combat racing, twisted metal black online, tony hawk proskater 3 and a few others. Online RPG's normally require you to pay and aren't online forever but your welcome to post about them here. If they are any good I might try them out. Welcome to forums!

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

I know Champions of Norath and Champions: Return to Arms are free online rpg's, but I think only one person here has one of those games. I've been looking to buy Champions: Return to Arms for awhile though.

Sargon
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: Sargon`

Post by Sargon »

djknitex wrote:thinking of getting an online RPG like Gauntlet Seven Sorrows or one of the norrath games...
I was thinking about picking up Gauntlet Seven Sorrows. That might be a fun game to co-op online. Other than that, I considered buying Final Fantasy XI or Everquest Online Adventures, but I talked myself out of the pay-to-play PS2 games.

djknitex

Post by djknitex »

I just got Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest... Return To Arms, they don't have, so I just got the first one...

I might get Seven Sorrows, not sure yet... I read bad reviews for it lol.

Should get a RPG group going XD

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Welcome to the site man. I am not to much of a rpg person myself, but if I ever see those champions of Norrath games for cheap I would pick them up since they have online.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

Hi and welcome to the site.

I only own the second Champions of Norrath game, Return to Arms. It's a good game that has accessible gameplay and runs very well to boot (60 FPS). I know this game can be expensive, but if you ever get it, let me know. I ventured online with it once and was greeted by an insular community that wasn't interested in playing legitimately.

I would pass on Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows if you already have Champions of Norrath. Gauntlet is average at best. Everything Gauntlet does, Champions does better.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

djknitex

Post by djknitex »

Mytho wrote:Hi and welcome to the site.

I only own the second Champions of Norrath game, Return to Arms. It's a good game that has accessible gameplay and runs very well to boot (60 FPS). I know this game can be expensive, but if you ever get it, let me know. I ventured online with it once and was greeted by an insular community that wasn't interested in playing legitimately.

I would pass on Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows if you already have Champions of Norrath. Gauntlet is average at best. Everything Gauntlet does, Champions does better.
I found some cheap copies on ebay... how's the community there... I'm planning on getting it sometime before I beat the first... getting multitap soon... and no one plays on the first one anymore... tried lookign for games Lol

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

The community isn't that great. They mainly go on just to screw around and use the game as a chat room. Nobody is interested in actually playing the game since it's been out for a long time at this point.

Like I said though, the game is pretty cool and worth it despite all this.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

I got it and will try it out soon. It seems interesting and I like real time RPG's.