Hi there, new to here and PS system

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Willy
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Hi there, new to here and PS system

Post by Willy »

Hi,

I recently got my first PS system, a PS2 because of the ddr type games that are fun and good exercise. Getting online with xbox 360 and Wii RVL-001 were a breeze, but I have been met with a quick stumpification when I got error -611 trying to use the PS2 online start up disk. Began searching the web by googlemania and ended up here, which seems like a good place to find. I posted a question on my stumpification to the "Getting Setup Online" section, but that may have been for posting information rather than questions, so thought I would post in the noob section. BTW, I own a black PS2 slim SCPH-79001, hardware version 18, I believe. Here was my question (and I prefer cheetos)...

Hi everyone. Sorry to be a total noob, but I just got my first PS2, mostly for DDR expansion/exercise fun, and I have no idea how to get myself set up online with a PS2 with the DNAS business shut down. I put in the disk that came with the PS2 and the first thing I get after Broadband setup is the -661 error. Everything was pretty slick with the Wii RVL-001 and xbox 360, but what do I do to set up the online account? If this is elsewhere, I looked but could not find the way, so please direct me there or advise. :?

Thank you,
Willy
Last edited by Willy on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Re: Hi there, new to here and PS system

Post by Vedita BR »

Hi, Willy. Welcome to PS2 Online Gaming!

For most games you need to use a custom DNS IP (Domain Name Server) on Your Network Configuration that is saved on your memory card...
Most games will work with this DNS 186.34.212.90
for others and more details check out this thread > http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... =10&t=1880

Few games won't pass on DNAS check anymore, so you will need to use a patch (CodeBreaker like codes) to 'skip' the DNAS screen...

I will be glad so assist you if wish to play Metal Gear Online (AKA: Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence Online).
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

Incognito
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: SneakyPeaky89

Post by Incognito »

Hey Vedita, I just got setup with XLink Kai and I'm trying to get a community back up on Chaos Theory; But, I would love to play mgs subsistence. Mind walking me through the setup for it?

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

Welcome in this community, man!
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

Welcome, I'd recommend you getting these titles,since the are the most popular in community: Call of Duty 3 and 2 Big Red One, Delta Force Black Hawk Down Team Sabre and Biohazard Outbreak File 1 or File2 . Also there are several really interesting titles that are not very popular,but they worth it, like Metal Gear Online, Gundam vs. Z-Gundam and PES 6.

Willy

Post by Willy »

Thanks for the advice. I will get some ethernet cables and get busy! How much do you have to reduce your internet security for XLink Kai to function? Also, which of the games Donkey Kong listed are best? Call of Duty 2 and 3?

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

One of the most played games in this community forum is tribes aerial assault, just check out the game scheduling and after game lobby part of this forum to see what games people in this forum have actually connected with each other and how often a scheduled game has occurred successfully.

You don't need to use xlink kai to play tribes either, just the right dns number and you're good.

I don't see any of the games Donkey Kong recommended that has been scheduled or talked about in the after game lobby part of "this forum" for a long time, except Gundam vs. Z-Gundam and i don't know anything about that game except it looks amazing and i think it's in another language too.

Tribes aa is a very hard game at first though, it's not an easy game that you're going to get good at right away, but some maps have vehicles.

Willy

Post by Willy »

Thanks! Good to know.

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

The most played games online are :
- biohazard (resident evil) outbreak file#1 and file#2
- Call of duty 3
- Star Wars Battlefront 2

On those games you have chance to find People nearly everytime

If you want to play to another game the best is to schedule a game
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

I didn't know that Hunk91 and if you say those are the most played ps2 games online, i hope you speak from experience and have played and connected to others online on all those games you just speak of.

What are the dns numbers for all those games you speak of Hunk91 and what days do more people show up?

I find it hard to believe what you say except swbf2 i heard that Friday's use to be good and people use to play cod3 a bunch, but that was months ago or at least no one here talks about cod3 here much anymore, same with area 51, no one schedules or talks about those games in the after game lobby part anymore. I'm only going off the information i get from this forum and i don't want to know what the most played ps2 online games are.

If i was new here, i would want to know the most recent and successfully games scheduled, played, and connected to others online in the past month that was talked about on this forum or let me know about other forums were people talk about experiences playing other ps2 games online compared to here.

The most recent and to me most popular, successfully scheduled, connected to other players, playing ps2online games in the past four months, and that are talked about in this forum are

Gundam vs Z-Gundam, which is in another language and i don't own it, but still looks amazing

Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, was fun to try out and it worked

Jakx racing << uses xlink kia and i have not played it online, but online or off, it is a incredible game, ok this game was a couple of months ago

Tribes Aerial Assault, which is a game you can find for cheap and is very reliable online

Crash n Burn << another awesome looking game i don't have

Twisted Metal Black << i'm mad because i lost my copy

SWBF 2, << any players on there are good, but still worth getting because they use to have a decent turn out and i bet they still do.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon used to be played often as well, but i think you still can't get online with it, well currently and this game was scheduled more than four months ago.

Just because no one here schedules or talks about swbf2 or cod3, as much anymore, doesn't mean those games are not being played online, i'm just saying that people should give others information to other forums that they talk about swbf2 and cod3 and try to get people from other forums to come here and talk about their experiences in the after the game lobby part of this forum.