FreddY has joined the game

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

FreddY has joined the game

Post by FreddY »

Hey guys. I'm FreddY.

I came across this website a while back by way of Google/OnlineConsoles and thought I'd join. Having played PS2 online since the release of the network adapter, it's nice to see a dedicated community still playing the PS2 library.

I'm a longtime member of the THPS community, more specifically the KOTH (King of the Hill) and CTF community. KOTH and CTF are two online game modes that myself and many other dedicated players took to a whole new level over the years, primarily on THPS4 and THUG. While we enjoy the games as a whole, we play KOTH & CTF competitively, and developed a community out of it (KXTH).

While KXTH is more or less barren these days, the whole of the THPS online community converges at PHUN Online currently, where we continue to evolve the game (PS2-PC cross-platform play on THUG, among other things, has been achieved).

I actually played with some of you guys for the first time on Xlink Kai last night on TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, and had a lot of fun with it. I'm definitely interested in playing with you all in the future, whether it be on TS:FP or anything else.

My online games listing is in my profile, so feel free to add me on AIM if you would like to try anything out. I'd also be interested in capturing some game footage for the community.

In case you were wondering, here is glimpse of competitive KOTH gameplay on THPS4 (in Alcatraz) and here is a glimpse of competitive CTF gameplay on THUG (in Manhattan). For your entertainment.

See you online. ;)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: FreddY has joined the game

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Welcome to the site man. I sent you an aim invite. I am a fan of THPS3 and I recently got THPS4, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. It makes me happy that people have managed to get servers back up for these games. Most of the ps2 tony hawk games have lan modes as well so they can be played through xlink kai. That is how I used to play them online before I found out about these new community servers.