Hello PS2 USERS!

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Re: Hello PS2 USERS!

Post by jacobgrocks »

It's probably not that rare, just price inflation, similar to all the Digimon PSX games.

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Ico was one of those "Underrated and Overlooked Gems" along with Sniper Elite. Sniper Elite came out around the same time as SOCOM, so it was heavily overshadowed. I think Ico is like Shadow of the Colossus (which was also underrated and overlooked. It seems the best games are usually the ones that gross the least amount of money and are overshadowed by big game developers'. This is probably because developers spend a great deal of time making those really good games.
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

hobojoe44
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

Grunt_Sniper wrote: It seems the best games are usually the ones that gross the least amount of money and are overshadowed by big game developers'.
Then they go under, or are bought out.
Or the case of a few, they can't get a publisher to publish a sequel.

Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches

Post by Rapth »

Grunt_Sniper wrote:Ico was one of those "Underrated and Overlooked Gems" along with Sniper Elite. Sniper Elite came out around the same time as SOCOM, so it was heavily overshadowed. I think Ico is like Shadow of the Colossus (which was also underrated and overlooked. It seems the best games are usually the ones that gross the least amount of money and are overshadowed by big game developers'. This is probably because developers spend a great deal of time making those really good games.
Funny I have never played any of those games, besides Sniper Elite. :P But yea, after the game is pretty well dead, is when it becomes popular. Obviously Shadow Of The Colossus, and Ico are popular, if they remade them in HD.
(gmt-7)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I love sniper elite. Is extremely replayable and pretty unique. Ive put a ton of hours into the ps2 version of that game. The online is fun as well. I intend to buy ico and shadow of the colossus eventually. I might wait until the hd ps3 version gets cheaper since I heard the frame rates were improved on that.

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

lazyhoboguy wrote:I love sniper elite. Is extremely replayable and pretty unique. Ive put a ton of hours into the ps2 version of that game. The online is fun as well. I intend to buy ico and shadow of the colossus eventually. I might wait until the hd ps3 version gets cheaper since I heard the frame rates were improved on that.
I completely agree with all of the above. :P
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2