Hello PS2 USERS!

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Hello PS2 USERS!

Post by Rapth »

We can't really make it during the weekday, Ostaf has school, and work... I don't know, I do not know is schedule exactly, I will ask him to start posting on the forums, we can figure out a good time to play. :P But really we should carry on this conversation in the Champions Of Norrath thread. :P
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Rapth wrote:Hello and welcome. :P With the Champions series, I assume you mean Champions Of Norrath??? If so, I eventually, will be hosting weekly only sessions again, hopefully soon. Just waiting on my friend to get internet. Regardless, there is a thread of it here... http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... ?f=6&t=686

Hope to see you around, and thanks for joining our site!!
I am interested in Champions of Norrath. How is that game though? I've seen some screenshots and maybe some video and it looks good. Is it like a FF/Zelda/WoW kinda game? If it's not too expensive i might buy it.
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

You can find them fairly cheap, and someone on the forum was talking about being able to pick up the game for ten dollars. But its a Hack n Slash RPG... Its kind of like Zelda, but with RPG elements. You loot items, and money, develop your character with attribute points, and skill points, and develop your character to level 50.

Playing online, is there are four people, and you basically play through the game, with four players, same as you would on your own.

I want to get the games going soon, like next Saturday I plan to play...
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

:/ I'm kinda distraught because there are so many ps2 games that look really fun and I have to decide which to buy. On Amazon CoN is around $20 i think!!! I like shooters and fps games but I enjoy RPGs the most. Games like The Legend of Dragoon, Last Scenario, Grand Theft Auto, and Final Fantasy are awesome.
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

Champions of Norrath is more of a dungeon crawler like Diablo than a JRPG. You go through a dungeon, hack and slash away at enemies, collect loot, kill the dungeon's boss, rinse and repeat. CoN is more focused on building a character, collecting new items and exploring dungeons rather than telling a story or planning out a battle.

If you think that sounds fun, then you'll probably like the CoN games. The first Champions should be cheaper than the semi-sequel, Return to Arms.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

Grunt_Sniper wrote::/ I'm kinda distraught because there are so many ps2 games that look really fun and I have to decide which to buy. On Amazon CoN is around $20 i think!!! I like shooters and fps games but I enjoy RPGs the most. Games like The Legend of Dragoon, Last Scenario, Grand Theft Auto, and Final Fantasy are awesome.
Besides the COD series on PS2, I have Red Faction. :P CoN has all of the RPG elements, besides a story. :P You still develop a character, collect loot, and money, increase attributes, and increase your skills. Its a GREAT GAME!!!

PS: I am not a fan of RPG games, but Legend Of Dragoon is probably easily in my top three favorite games of all time. Right behind Chaos Legion, and Devil May Cry 3.
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Legend of Dragoon is my favorite game too. Back then when they made Playstation 1 games, it was more about the story/plot, gameplay, strategy, replay value, etc. Now games are all about high definition graphics and arcade style gameplay (i.e. CoD Black Ops, SOCOM 4, Battlefield 3). I played LoD for about 40 hours and didn't finish it (I played it on my PS2 until it makes you switch over to the PSOne.) The story, levels, maps, battles, characters, and eveyrthing else about that game was great! The graphics were not nearly as realistic as they are now, but LoD is still a very beautiful game. It is so fun and the replay value is at least 20 out of 10 :P. If they remake that game for PS3 and make it HD with multiplayer that would be EPIC!!! :D
(gmt-4)

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

What do you mean until it makes you switch over to PSOne? I played the entire game through on my PS2. (Not my current system, but a previous one.) But anways yea, I think that game has awesome graphics, even for its time... All this talk about LoD, makes me want to play through it again, I happen to still own that game. :P I even remember the first time I seen it, and the first time I bought it.

PS: Its getting rarer, it used to only cost like 15 dollars on amazon, now its like 30 dollars...
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

I got a slim PS2 so maybe that is why. The screen goes blank after you get to the end of disc 2 I believe. I looked it up and other people said they had the same problem. I don't remember when I first got LoD. I have the greatest hits version, and I've had it for several years. I had never really played it, but about 2-3 years ago i started playing it and got addictied. LoD is so good they had to put it on 4 discs! :P Yeah it is getting very rare too. Luckily I have the complete game with all discs, case and manual. I will not sell it either. :D LoD, Ico (never played but looks awesome), and Sniper Elite are rare and expensive games.
(gmt-4)

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

Yea I heard from my brother in law that his friend had the same problem... I don't know though, maybe I will throw it in. I currently have a slim, but I think I got a save around the third disk. :P

I remember Sniper Elite back in the day, haven't looked at current prices yet. As for Ico, never played it, and probably never will, but they remade that game for PS3, with HD graphics.
(gmt-7)