The notorious "Hello Community" post...

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
eagles8804
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

The notorious "Hello Community" post...

Post by eagles8804 »

Hello PS2 Gaming Community, I am eagles8804, eagles for short or if you play on PS3 with me, I am known as GuerrillaAmbush. Please excuse my extreme nubism as I have never played my ps2 online :(... I received my first PS2 in 2006 and didn't have internet at my house (I know, DEPRIVED lol). However, once I did get internet and a PS3, I started online gaming, but never tried it on the PS2. I am currently looking to start and start really expanding my PS2 game library since it is my favorite system to use. This Sunday (8 Jan 2012), I will be picking up my old PS2 (This is the second one that will be hooked up in my house, 1 in my room and one downstairs for online gameplay) from my fathers house and setting it up near my computer, for online play. At the moment I really only have Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, but I will be picking up quite a few games in the near future off amazon and other discount stores that provide great deals on games people believe are outdated. Here is a few games I will be purchasing with online capabilities:
SOCOM
SOCOM II
SOCOM III
SOCOM: Combined Assault
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Area 51
Gran Turismo 4
Heroes of the Pacific
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (not sure about that games online though)
Sniper Elite
KillZone
"After that, comes tactical maneuvering, than which there is nothing more difficult."
-Sun Tzu, Art of War

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: The notorious "Hello Community" post...

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Welcome eagles. You have an old fat ps2 original model ps2? If so you'd need to buy a network adapter for it to play online, if you have a slim model ps2 the network adapter is built in.

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Hello and welcome! :D
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

Hey, also be sure to get SWBF2, lots of people play that.