Hello!

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
AmishNoodle
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: AmishNoodle

Hello!

Post by AmishNoodle »

Found out about this site a while ago. Just never had a ps2 til recently after the holiday sale at gamestop.

Picked up a Ps2 fat (SPCH 50001 model)

Bought a network adapter, and am soon to buy a IDE Hardrive for soft modding.

Anyways, I only have timesplitters 2 at the moment, but I plan on buying TS:FP, Twisted Metal Black, and a few other titles along the way.

So hopefully people still actively play TS2, because iv'e been looking for a match on xlink and the arenas are dead.

So there is my hearty introduction, and I look forward to getting a few matches going, and hopefully become a regular on these boards.

AmishNoodle.
(gmt-7)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Hello!

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Hey amishnoodle, that sure is an interesting username haha. For ps2 games that need to be lan tunneled through xlink kai its rare that you can pop in and find people. Most times we schedule games ahead of time. We play timesplitters future perfect much more frequently through xlink kai than ts2, so you might want to pick that up in the future too.

AmishNoodle

Post by AmishNoodle »

Yeh, I managed to get twisted metal Black from gamestop, but it was the original version. So I plan on going back to gamestop to hopefully get the greatest hits edition, because if i'm correct it comes with the online component on the disc. Then again i'm not sure.

If worse comes to worse, I will have to buy the online disc off ebay.

And yes I plan on buying Timesplitters FuturePerfect.

I also recently tried to get FreeMCBOOT on my memory card through the 007 Agent Under Fire method. Everything worked well up to actually installing it on the Memory Card, unfortunately I have a 32MB clone card, so i guess I need to buy an official 8mb card. :(
(gmt-7)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

AmishNoodle wrote:Yeh, I managed to get twisted metal Black from gamestop, but it was the original version. So I plan on going back to gamestop to hopefully get the greatest hits edition, because if i'm correct it comes with the online component on the disc. Then again i'm not sure.
I have a spare Twisted Metal Black: Online disc sitting around here. Would you be interested in taking it off my hands?
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

AmishNoodle

Post by AmishNoodle »

Mytho wrote:
AmishNoodle wrote:Yeh, I managed to get twisted metal Black from gamestop, but it was the original version. So I plan on going back to gamestop to hopefully get the greatest hits edition, because if i'm correct it comes with the online component on the disc. Then again i'm not sure.
I have a spare Twisted Metal Black: Online disc sitting around here. Would you be interested in taking it off my hands?
I appreciate your generosity, unfortunately I had already bought a disc off ebay by the time I noticed this post. :D

Should be arriving in the mail anytime now... shipping all the way from Connecticut :x
(gmt-7)

Mean.Soldier
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Mean.Soldier »

I appreciate your generosity, unfortunately I had already bought a disc off ebay by the time I noticed this post. :D

Should be arriving in the mail anytime now... shipping all the way from Connecticut :x[/quote]
Lol..
I got Twisted Metal: Black but idk how to get xlink kai

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Mean.Soldier wrote:I appreciate your generosity, unfortunately I had already bought a disc off ebay by the time I noticed this post. :D

Should be arriving in the mail anytime now... shipping all the way from Connecticut :x
Lol..
I got Twisted Metal: Black but idk how to get xlink kai[/quote]

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk

You can get xlink kai from there. Read through the FAQ link at the top of the page to understand how xlink kai works and how to set it up. If you need more help just ask us. You usually will need to setup port forwarding on your router to your computer to get Xlink Kai working.

Mean.Soldier
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Mean.Soldier »

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk

You can get xlink kai from there. Read through the FAQ link at the top of the page to understand how xlink kai works and how to set it up. If you need more help just ask us. You usually will need to setup port forwarding on your router to your computer to get Xlink Kai working.[/quote]

Cool.