Anyone know all the Rank(star) 5 bots in futureperfect?

Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect are now both only able to played online through LAN tunneling programs like XLink Kai.

TS2 never was online. TS:FP had online, but its online servers were taken down. TS2 and TS:FP both have LAN modes, so they can be played online with LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai.
Nihil8
Level 8: COD2 BRO-ther
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Nihil8

Anyone know all the Rank(star) 5 bots in futureperfect?

Post by Nihil8 »

i've noticed how many stars the bots have seem to make them better...seems more important then thier stats actually.Anyways anyone got a list of the rank 5 bots?i'm trying to figure out the 5 star bots to figure out what challenges and such i need to do to unlock the best bots
Currently have: Project Snowblind(2)/Timesplitters:Future Perfect(2)/Killzone/ Cold Winter/S.W. Battlefront2/Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

(2) = (i have two copies and running two Ps2's)

(gmt-8)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Anyone know all the Rank(star) 5 bots in futureperfect?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Umm you can adjust the stars for each bot and set them on 5 stars. I cant remember if you can only do it in your custom bot sets or if it works with the premade bot sets too. I think it does though.

Nihil8

Post by Nihil8 »

ahhh...never knew that...thanks...go ahead and delete thread if you'd like...kinda stupid question..
Currently have: Project Snowblind(2)/Timesplitters:Future Perfect(2)/Killzone/ Cold Winter/S.W. Battlefront2/Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow

(gmt-8)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Well no, its not a stupid question. It's actually easy to miss since you have to actually open up the bot options to see it. So this could be helpful to other people.

In timesplitters 2, it lets you set an actually difficulty level for the bots as well as letting you set the star level for them. I am not sure then of the difference or effect that has when compared to Timesplitters Future Perfect.

SHARKGUN
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

In TSFP the number of stars only reflect the amount of damage they can deal/take. It doesn't represent their skills.
(gmt+1)

Nihil8

Post by Nihil8 »

SHARKGUN wrote:In TSFP the number of stars only reflect the amount of damage they can deal/take. It doesn't represent their skills.
actually stamina seems to be the damage they can take.Stars seem to reflect overall intelligence of the bot to seek out weapons/health and accuracy

AI determines the intelligence, stamina, accuracy, and overall difficulty of defeating a bot. The Default AI is measure on a star scale of 1 to 5. For example, a 1-star bot will be slow to react to being shot and will die fairly quickly. In contrast, a 5-star bot is difficult to shoot at from behind due to their quick reaction time, and they will often perform dives and other dodges to avoid fire. 5-star bots have a large amount of stamina and, due to their advanced "intelligence", will often run to retrieve a Health Pack when near death. Default AI values can only be changed when Character Abilities, are turned off.

timesplitters wikia page

(gmt-8)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Ah good job finding that info Nihil. I never fully completely understood what the star ratings did. I always turn off character abilities for bot games since it makes their health extremely low for a ton of the bots. I think it makes it more challenging when they all have the same health as you.

SHARKGUN
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai username: SHARKGUN

Post by SHARKGUN »

Nihil8 wrote:
SHARKGUN wrote:In TSFP the number of stars only reflect the amount of damage they can deal/take. It doesn't represent their skills.
actually stamina seems to be the damage they can take.Stars seem to reflect overall intelligence of the bot to seek out weapons/health and accuracy

AI determines the intelligence, stamina, accuracy, and overall difficulty of defeating a bot. The Default AI is measure on a star scale of 1 to 5. For example, a 1-star bot will be slow to react to being shot and will die fairly quickly. In contrast, a 5-star bot is difficult to shoot at from behind due to their quick reaction time, and they will often perform dives and other dodges to avoid fire. 5-star bots have a large amount of stamina and, due to their advanced "intelligence", will often run to retrieve a Health Pack when near death. Default AI values can only be changed when Character Abilities, are turned off.

timesplitters wikia page
I should've said that my statement only applies, when character abbilities are turned off. I never saw a difference in a bot's playing style no matter how many stars he had. Oh, and what you quoted isn't necessarily true (I'm usually sceptical lol).
(gmt+1)

Fauch
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: Le_Faucheur

Post by Fauch »

the difference between 1 star and 5 stars bots was far more noticeable in TS1 and TS2 than in TSFP. in TFSP, 5 stars bots have a lot of health and aren't much more skilled than lesser bots. maybe a bit more agressive.

in TS2, 1 star bots barely reacted when they saw you while 5 stars bots were very agressive.

in TS1, there was no difference in health, but while 1 star bots were very slow, 5 stars bots would sometimes headshot you as soon as they spot you.
(gmt+2)

lazyhoboguy
site admin

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea even with bots set to 5 stars in TSFP I dont feel that challenged. I have to turn on a handicap to take away some of my health to make things more challenging.