Favorite Game Modes?

Its online servers were taken down. The only way to play this online now is through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Favorite Game Modes?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I personally like the normal deathmatch style mode the best when its base on kills, although when it's set to damage dealt or net damage I still enjoy it. Seems like certain characters work better for those different deathmatch types.

maartyrr
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: maartyrr

Re: Favorite Game Modes?

Post by maartyrr »

I like net damage, carnage and last man standing. Some cars are better suited for the different modes indeed. The only mode that I don't care for is the unlimited weapons mode.

For those who don't know the button combos on the dpad.

left, left, down, down - cloak
right, right, down, down - shield
up, down, up - freeze
right, left, down - mine
left, right, down, L2 - rear fire current weapon

Some cars have secondary specials

Axel - have his special weapon selected and press up up up to activate his crush mode

Shadow - have her special selected and press up up up to activate her chain gun

Yellowjacket - when his special is selected freeze a car and turbo ram the spikes into them for the maximum amount of damage

Minion - have his special selected and press up up up to activate the fireball cannon ( good for long range attacks)

Crazy 8 - with his special selected press the dpad in the direction of your opponent 3 times (up, up, up or left, left, left) to use the max attack (once you connect press L2 as fast as you can)

Outlaw - with your special selected line a car up infront of you and with your special selected press L2 repeatedly for the duration of the special to launch missiles as well as bullet towards your opponents.
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I knew about the normal button combos, but had no idea about the secondary combos for each character. Thanks for posting those.

What is carnage mode? Don't think I've ever played it.

maartyrr
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: maartyrr

Post by maartyrr »

No problem. Carnage mode is a mixture of netdamage and kills. It follows the same rules as a net damage game as far as points, but it awards either 10 points or 30 points per opponent killed on top of it. The winner is determined by the highest amount of points (just like damage/net damage)
(gmt-5)