Chat Issues

Post here if you are having problems with the website or if you have comments about it.
wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Chat Issues

Post by wawowe »

I noticed lately that the chat seemed to be missing its regulars, however I didn't know why until now. Masquarr mentioned that I had not been in the chat recently. Actually I have.. I, like a few other people, am using an IRC client separate from the site to connect. After some investigation, it seems like there is an issue with the StaticBox IRC servers. They aren't sharing channels with each other for some reason, or at least irc.staticbox.net isn't connected to dreams.staticbox.net, which is what the webchat connects to by default, (at least in my case). So...

As a temporary fix: anyone using an external client, like I am, change your default server to dreams.staticbox.net and leave irc.staticbox.net as a secondary. Those using xchat/ychat can ctrl+s and edit from there.
if you're using the built-in site chat, you are exempt from this

Hopefully they'll have this resolved soon so our external clients can go back to using irc.staticbox.net

I am on dreams/irc 24/7 so if you don't see me in the chat, pm me to let me know

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Re: Chat Issues

Post by wawowe »

seems like the problem has been resolved

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Post by Viscosity »

Maybe its a better idea to post this kind of stuff in the news section so it pops up on the homepage.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

It was, but I thought it was better to move it here, since Wawowe fixed the problem so quickly. If the chat had a problem again yea it should go back up in the news section.