Some questions about online play

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Nightcrawlerz
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: nightcrawlerz

Some questions about online play

Post by Nightcrawlerz »

Hi, i have some doubts about play online, i know how to play i have flatout 1 and 2 here i play with a friend sometimes, but my doubt is, i can play online with 2 or more DNAS patched simultaneously?

and last saturday I was testing flatout server and before I dont had the router and saturday I test my ps2 with a router dl-524 (dlink) and my image stay flashing "appear and disappear" simultaneously my ps2 is a SCPH 50001 with a network adapater, have some incompatible with routers or router have some option that make conflict with ps2?

ty.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Some questions about online play

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Nightcrawlerz wrote:Hi, i have some doubts about play online, i know how to play i have flatout 1 and 2 here i play with a friend sometimes, but my doubt is, i can play online with 2 or more DNAS patched simultaneously?

and last saturday I was testing flatout server and before I dont had the router and saturday I test my ps2 with a router dl-524 (dlink) and my image stay flashing "appear and disappear" simultaneously my ps2 is a SCPH 50001 with a network adapater, have some incompatible with routers or router have some option that make conflict with ps2?

ty.
I am not sure if you are talking about this, but if the thread is going to start talking about pirating games, please stop that as it is one of our small amount of site rules to not discuss pirating ps2 games: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=205

As for your question about routers, I am not sure understand you entirely, but if you mean you having trouble connecting your ps2 onlines when going through a router, I think I might be able to help. Routers block a lot of ports that ps2 games need in order to work properly online. Different ps2 games require differnt ports to be open to host games or sometimes simply to join games. The best setup then, so you have no trouble with your router blocking your ps2 from working online properly is to setup a static IP address on your ps2, by using the network setup utility for your ps2. Then, go into your router's menu and set your PS2's static IP addres on DMZ mode. This will open all ports to your ps2 if you did it correctly, and should take away any hosting or joining problems you were having from blocked ports.

Nightcrawlerz
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: nightcrawlerz

Post by Nightcrawlerz »

I am not sure if you are talking about this, but if the thread is going to start talking about pirating games, please stop that as it is one of our small amount of site rules to not discuss pirating ps2 games: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=205

As for your question about routers, I am not sure understand you entirely, but if you mean you having trouble connecting your ps2 onlines when going through a router, I think I might be able to help. Routers block a lot of ports that ps2 games need in order to work properly online. Different ps2 games require differnt ports to be open to host games or sometimes simply to join games. The best setup then, so you have no trouble with your router blocking your ps2 from working online properly is to setup a static IP address on your ps2, by using the network setup utility for your ps2. Then, go into your router's menu and set your PS2's static IP addres on DMZ mode. This will open all ports to your ps2 if you did it correctly, and should take away any hosting or joining problems you were having from blocked ports.
Sorry my doubt about DNAS, but I not talking about pirating games is just a doubt about DNAS I not distributing or selling DNAS codes or patch, I have this doubt because is very hard find original games for PS2 here in Brazil to buy just have PS3 games, and incompetent politicians put a price on his absurd tariffs on exported games, this is just to my use and is the only way to play online without xlink kai, but if you dont want to talk about this here I will respect, sorry.

and my doubt about router is not port fowarding, i will try explain the problem is i have a ADSL modem right? when I connect the PS2 directly on ADSL modem works fine, and in game I use internet provider user and password this does not matter, but when I put the internet cable on my router dlink with game running my screen on TV stay flashing "black - game - black - game" but the game continue work normally and simultaneously the screen stay appear and disappear, if i unplug the cable from router or from ps2 the screen stop the flashing, somebody had the same problem? a detail I use component video cable.

Thanks.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Hmm yea then, I dont have any experience with that problem then. Sorry.