AMPLITUDE: Difficulty connecting to servers.

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
EthanE3Eves
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

AMPLITUDE: Difficulty connecting to servers.

Post by EthanE3Eves »

Hey guys,

I tried to set up a game with a friend tonight, but he couldn't sign in to the SOCOM servers (on Amplitude).

He used the IP listed in this thread.

He's also hardwired to his modem, so it can't be a router issue. I'm not sure what it is, but if anyone has any ideas, you're more than welcome to offer some advice! XP

I'm able to sign in since I have a patched version of the disc that automatically forwards me to the SOCOM servers, but yeah. I was thinking that maybe the DNS server host may have gone offline on the odd chance?

Side note: Is there any possible way to link Amplitude netplay to another server after the SOCOM servers go down?

Thanks,

E3E
(gmt-5)

I am an oldschool AMPLITUDE player. Contact me if you want to game it up!

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Re: AMPLITUDE: Difficulty connecting to servers.

Post by jacobgrocks »

Not really @ side note, unless someone makes their own SOCOM private server. The chances are pretty low though, and I doubt that many people would be interested in programming one.

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

EthanE3Eves wrote:...I was thinking that maybe the DNS server host may have gone offline on the odd chance?
That's fairly likely, because Bobz had acknowledged that his server has been experiencing intermittent downtime throughout this summer. I'd suggest for your friend to enter "68.200.209.3" in the Secondary DNS field. That's the IP Address of FreddY's DNS server.
(gmt-4)

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Masquarr wrote:
EthanE3Eves wrote:...I was thinking that maybe the DNS server host may have gone offline on the odd chance?
That's fairly likely, because Bobz had acknowledged that his server has been experiencing intermittent downtime throughout this summer. I'd suggest for your friend to enter "68.200.209.3" in the Secondary DNS field. That's the IP Address of FreddY's DNS server.
It's down, Failed to Connect on the servers and all his sites are down. Use FreddY's (like Masquarr said) until Bobz is back up.
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)