Just making sure..

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Faintestidea
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Just making sure..

Post by Faintestidea »

If I run the ethernet cord straight from my modem to the ps2 is that all I have to do to connect? And what are some of the more popular games people are still playing online? Thanks

Artur
Level 13: Midday Club 2
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Sierron

Re: Just making sure..

Post by Artur »

A big number of games went offline just a month or two ago :/

Faintestidea

Post by Faintestidea »

Like?

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

Faintestidea wrote:Like?
Sony + Ubisoft's hosted games.

Faintestidea

Post by Faintestidea »

So theres really no point in trying to go online then? Just buy a gamecube and call it a day? :)

SG-17
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by SG-17 »

Star Wars: Battlefront II and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat are still online and populated.
(GMT-5)
Star Wars: Battlefront I & II | SOCOM I, II, 3/CA | Battlefield 2: Modern Combat | Godzilla: Save the Earth

JamesCableCar
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by JamesCableCar »

Don't forget the Call of Duty games as well
My PS2 YouTube account = http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesxfm1049?feature=mhee

Area 51 is the best... Got it for £1.50 (around 2.50 dollars and 1.90 euros) :D

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Yeah Call of Duty 2 Big Red One always has a few games up. Out of all of the Call of Duty's that is probably the best because its easier to get into games, the community is bigger, and it has Lan Mode of when the servers go offline. Battlefront two and modern combat are probably the most populated ps2 online games. Tribes is another game that was brought back online that has a userbase. The Tony Hawk games also have plenty of people to play.
Just because you don't find anyone in a lobby at any particular time doesn't mean there is no one to play with. You just have to schedule a time to go on and play in our game scheduling section. Here is a list off all the games that are online still: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... ?f=29&t=17

Also if a game has LAN mode than you can use programs like xlink kai to play that online even when the servers are offline. Time splitters future perfect is probably the most popular on those types of games. Here is a list of all the games that have a lan mode in it: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... ?f=29&t=30

Faintestidea

Post by Faintestidea »

I'll have to learn how to hook up my ps2 online and do that kai thing. I just bought big red one SE for 2 bucks and Tribal for a buck. SWBF2 is 5 and Battlefield is 5 also. Good to be back on the PS2 side of things :)

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Tribal or tribes
sure it's tribes

the thing is with tribes you have to enter a specific dns address to play online and schedule matches is the only time you'll see anyone

but if you want practice with tribes, all games you can play online you can play offline with bots, if you just wanted to mess around and there's a lot to choose from

i don't get too many players so i always add bots so that there's more targets and more action