Very Frustrated Need your Help

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Very Frustrated Need your Help

Post by chak88 »

hello everyone with the recent shutdown of activision games I need this problem solved more than ever. I know from another post that some of the shutdown games work fine through bobz dns. but here is my problem no matter what game is either tribes or asb2005 I can not get bobz servers to work let me clarify i can connect through the dns but then in asb2005 no matter what I still get the roster error and in tribes I do not see a master list even after refreshing it over 10 times is it my isp comcast do I have to change router settings ? Please Help

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Re: Very Frustrated Need your Help

Post by Bobz1993 »

Use DNS1 for ASB2005. I've checked the logs and there has only been attempts connecting to DNS2.

You can use either DNS Server for Tribes.

On Tribes you will not necessarily see master list online.
My DNS connects to multiple Tribes Servers. Primarily mine, where there is no master list in the list. and OnlineConsoles.com where you will see it. Regardless you are online and can play with others as long as you are on the same list. I'm trying to figure out how to get a blank listing on mine, so you can tell which one you're on.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

chak88

Post by chak88 »

are both dns supposed be on the same saved connection or am I supposed to make a unique connection on my memory card with each dns ?

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

Before the gamespy problem both DNS servers would do the same thing for the most part. Now I've had to separate them for conflicts and compatiblity. Some games will work on both, but for the gamespy games, besides battlefield use the first one.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

chak88

Post by chak88 »

still not working after separating them do I have to do anything with my router to get ur dns to work like port forward or something ?

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

by using bobz dns, as far as i know and every time i tried, after refreshing a bunch of times

i have always seen a master list, every time

everyone i know that has done the same refreshing, a lot of times, has had the same result

it should always, in time, shoot you to see the master list

it's the way bobz dns is set up to make it work like that

i have never not seen the master list by going through bobz dns
here's a test for you, if you go through bobz dns to play tribes and you keep hitting refresh and all it says is refresh and it never says working, then you're stuck in limbo. You have to be able to hit refresh and read that it's working instead of just saying refresh. I found that out a long time ago

chak88

Post by chak88 »

teamR@@K!E wrote:by using bobz dns, as far as i know and every time i tried, after refreshing a bunch of times

i have always seen a master list, every time

everyone i know that has done the same refreshing, a lot of times, has had the same result

it should always, in time, shoot you to see the master list

it's the way bobz dns is set up to make it work like that

i have never not seen the master list by going through bobz dns
here's a test for you, if you go through bobz dns to play tribes and you keep hitting refresh and all it says is refresh and it never says working, then you're stuck in limbo. You have to be able to hit refresh and read that it's working instead of just saying refresh. I found that out a long time ago
it always says working when I click refresh but after about 15 refreshes still no list