do I have to configure my router to work with bobz dns ?

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

do I have to configure my router to work with bobz dns ?

Post by chak88 »

as some of you may know i can never get bobz server to work I can connect with it but I get all game errors just like connecting regular do I have to add any special configurations to my router to make it work or is it supposed to be plug and play

Nightcrawlerz
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: nightcrawlerz

Re: do I have to configure my router to work with bobz dns ?

Post by Nightcrawlerz »

chak88 wrote:as some of you may know i can never get bobz server to work I can connect with it but I get all game errors just like connecting regular do I have to add any special configurations to my router to make it work or is it supposed to be plug and play
if you have dns there just put it in the network configuration utility saved in your memory card, i dont tested the game after this problems....

chak88

Post by chak88 »

Nightcrawlerz wrote:
chak88 wrote:as some of you may know i can never get bobz server to work I can connect with it but I get all game errors just like connecting regular do I have to add any special configurations to my router to make it work or is it supposed to be plug and play
if you have dns there just put it in the network configuration utility saved in your memory card, i dont tested the game after this problems....
I already have both configured on my memory card

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

You dont have to do anything to your router, you just need to change your PS2's Network settings to connect to Bobz DNS.
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

chak88

Post by chak88 »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:You dont have to do anything to your router, you just need to change your PS2's Network settings to connect to Bobz DNS.
that is the most frustrating part everytime he has changed I have re-configured using the network utility and still no luck there has to be something i am doing wrong but I can't figure out what. I do have one question for the ip adress I select auto correct ? or is there a specific ip address I have to use ?