How Do I Setup DMZ ?

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

How Do I Setup DMZ ?

Post by chak88 »

How do I make my ps2 a DMZ ?

in my router i have the option of DMZ it asks for DMZ host how do I find out what that is ?

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: How Do I Setup DMZ ?

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Is it like a 192.168.2.XX and you need to enter numbers in the XX? If so, then you need to make your ps2 have a static IP address and then put your ps2's static IP in the spot where the blank is in the DMZ.

Example:
My PS2 has a Static IP of 192.168.2.20
I would go onto my DMZ settings and make the DMZ 192.168.2.20
I'd then save and let my router do what it needs to do for that change and my PS2 would then be on DMZ.
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

chak88, first try to find out what IP address you router is assigning your computer first. If its gives it a IP like 192.168.1.5 then you could set your ps2's static ip address in your ps2 network configuration on your memory card as something like 192.168.1.20. But check your computer IP address first, so you know whether the number after the 2nd dot is a 1 or 2. Some routers will use one or the other.

Here is a guide on how to setup a static IP:

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

This is for how to do it on a computer, but it will help you understand this better. Just instead of picking your static IP and putting it on your computer, put it on your ps2. The guide will help you understand what you are doing, and how to figure out which numbers to use for your static IP.

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by chak88 »

Thanks this should help alot