PS2N ISSUE(S)

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
stevenklipt_U
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: dj3q0t32tegb

PS2N ISSUE(S)

Post by stevenklipt_U »

I need help. I'm trying to play Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One & Call Of Duty 3 online. I think the LAN mode
works for Call Of Duty 3 but when I try going to "Play Online", it doesn't get passed the DNAS and I always
get error -603 (I get the same error for Call Of Duty 3). I will tell you how my connection is setup.

I am using a crossover cable I bought at Office Depot and I also bought a regular ethernet cable just to have. I connected the crossover cable between my laptop & my PS2 in my room. I bridged both the ethernet and Wi-Fi and it worked. This is all in my room. The main computer is in the living room along with the router(the only one in the house). I used a Network Adapter Start-Up Disc I bought from eBay brand new & the setup process
was a success. I put in the IP's and stuff according to the main computer/router, not my laptop's Ip's and stuff. Will Xlink Kai solve my problem(s) or not? If anyone reading this has knowledge relating to my issue, please
help me out.

Some additional information here. I am using a thin version PS2 (console SCPH-90001). I am using
a Toshiba laptop that currently runs with Windows 8.1.

,stevenklipt_U

chak88
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: PS2N ISSUE(S)

Post by chak88 »

stevenklipt_U wrote:I need help. I'm trying to play Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One & Call Of Duty 3 online. I think the LAN mode
works for Call Of Duty 3 but when I try going to "Play Online", it doesn't get passed the DNAS and I always
get error -603 (I get the same error for Call Of Duty 3). I will tell you how my connection is setup.

I am using a crossover cable I bought at Office Depot and I also bought a regular ethernet cable just to have. I connected the crossover cable between my laptop & my PS2 in my room. I bridged both the ethernet and Wi-Fi and it worked. This is all in my room. The main computer is in the living room along with the router(the only one in the house). I used a Network Adapter Start-Up Disc I bought from eBay brand new & the setup process
was a success. I put in the IP's and stuff according to the main computer/router, not my laptop's Ip's and stuff. Will Xlink Kai solve my problem(s) or not? If anyone reading this has knowledge relating to my issue, please
help me out.

Some additional information here. I am using a thin version PS2 (console SCPH-90001). I am using

,stevenklipt_U
As fars as i know you can only play those games through xlink or a specializes dns that I think might be mentioned in this forum somewhere. If a games official servers are offline the only way to play is through special dns such as openspy or through xlink you can't just use you home IP to connect I believe that is your problem so for a lot of games Xlink will solve your problem. Hope This Helps

Mytho
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

First off, Call of Duty 3's servers are still up. Call of Duty 2: Big Red One's servers have been shut down, so you will have to either use OpenSpy or Xlink Kai.

As for your connection itself, trying to mess with a bridged connection over Wi-Fi is a bit of a pain. Have you tried bridging your wireless and wired network adapters on your laptop? Another user on here had a very similar problem, based on what you've described.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

chak88

Post by chak88 »

Mytho wrote:First off, Call of Duty 3's servers are still up. Call of Duty 2: Big Red One's servers have been shut down, so you will have to either use OpenSpy or Xlink Kai.

As for your connection itself, trying to mess with a bridged connection over Wi-Fi is a bit of a pain. Have you tried bridging your wireless and wired network adapters on your laptop? Another user on here had a very similar problem, based on what you've described.
Wow I didn't realize COD 3's Servers Are still up that means If I bought it today I could connect using any Ip Like I can with BF2 ?

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

Yes, Call of Duty 3 is still online through normal means.
(gmt-5)

stevenklipt_U

Post by stevenklipt_U »

Mytho wrote:First off, Call of Duty 3's servers are still up. Call of Duty 2: Big Red One's servers have been shut down, so you will have to either use OpenSpy or Xlink Kai.

OK, I now have an XLink Kai account. Do you know if I'm going to need my Network Adapter Start-Up Disc now? Would I have to open ports or anything like that on my laptop and/or main computer and if so, how can I do that? When I installed XLink Kai on my laptop, it automatically put a TCP and UDP rule on my firewall in the advanced settings. I enabled both of them and also checked the "Allow the connection" box. Would I have to change/add some things in their properties? I also heard about the DHCP client (not sure what that would do). Let me know of any information you need to know about my setup that could help you help me. Please reply. Thanks Mytho.

stevenklipt_U

Post by stevenklipt_U »

chak88 wrote:
stevenklipt_U wrote:I need help. I'm trying to play Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One & Call Of Duty 3 online. I think the LAN mode

help me out.

,stevenklipt_U
As fars as i know you can only play those games through xlink or a specializes dns that I think might be mentioned in this forum somewhere. If a games official servers are offline the only way to play is through special dns such as openspy or through xlink you can't just use you home IP to connect I believe that is your problem so for a lot of games Xlink will solve your problem. Hope This Helps
So will I still need my Network Adapter Start-Up Disc now or not? I think the disc is the original one because there is no disc version. How familiar are you with XLink Kai as to getting it setup to the PS2? What do you mean by special DNS? Thanks chak88 for your reply.

chak88

Post by chak88 »

I have a slim so I never needed the start up disc so I am not sure. But Setting Up Xlink Kai Is not that hard there is a topic in this forum with easy setup instructions. and by Special DNs I mean Openspy and Bobz you can finds Bobz DNS here in the forum as well. Hope this helps don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions

stevenklipt_U

Post by stevenklipt_U »

chak88 wrote:I have a slim so I never needed the start up disc so I am not sure. But Setting Up Xlink Kai Is not that hard there is a topic in this forum with easy setup instructions. and by Special DNs I mean Openspy and Bobz you can finds Bobz DNS here in the forum as well. Hope this helps don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions
But I can't even get into the multiplayer without it saying that it needs a Your Network Configuration file, which gets saved to the memory card through the start-up disc. I'm trying to play Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One and Call Of Duty 3. I keep getting replies that tell me to go here and there and then they just tell me the same thing. Thanks chak88.

Mytho

Post by Mytho »

stevenklipt_U wrote:But I can't even get into the multiplayer without it saying that it needs a Your Network Configuration file, which gets saved to the memory card through the start-up disc. I'm trying to play Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One and Call Of Duty 3. I keep getting replies that tell me to go here and there and then they just tell me the same thing. Thanks chak88.
Ok, I'm getting really confused here. You're saying you don't have a Network Configuration file, but in your first post, you said that you were able to set up a Network Configuration file. Looking at your previous posts, I can tell you that yes, you will need to keep your Network Adapter Start-Up disc, as Call of Duty 2: Big Red One and Call of Duty 3 do not have the network configuration tool built-in.

Before you can use Xlink Kai, we need to make sure your PS2 can connect to the internet normally. Grab your Network Adapter Start-Up disc and make a new network configuration. Leave everything on Auto and try to connect over your bridged connection. Make sure to test your connection out before you save it. If it works, save it and try to go online with Call of Duty 3. Do not use Xlink to go online, as the Call of Duty 3 server is still operational.

EDIT: I just looked at the new topic you made. If you can run the CAT5e cable directly to your router from your PS2, you will be saving yourself some time in getting this to work.
(gmt-5)