Laser Unit Burnt Out

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Oldschool_Wayne
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Laser Unit Burnt Out

Post by Oldschool_Wayne »

Sorry for posting this here but I cannot find help anywhere else. My PS2 (SCPH-30001 Model) optical laser unit recently burnt out. I already removed the burnt out laser, it's model is KHS-400B. I ordered a new laser from eBay and the sellers title specified that the laser he was selling was compatible with SCPH-30001 (my model of PS2) but didn't say what model the actual laser unit was. When the laser arrived I noticed it was a model KHS-400C and after installing it correctly, it did not work at all. It wouldnt project a laser beam and wouldn't move back and forth, the disk would not even spin. So obviously the laser I ordered isn't compatible. Any ideas to which laser unit models would be compatible with my particular PS2?

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Re: Laser Unit Burnt Out

Post by Vedita BR »

you need need to desolder/melt the anti static point from the laser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5owf02Jxx1I
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

Oldschool_Wayne

Okay thank you. But the laser I purchased is compatible? My ps2's original laser was a KHS-400B and the one I bought turned out to be a KHS-400C . My model of ps2 is SCPH 30001 by the way. Again thank you for the help I greatly appreciate it! :)

Oldschool_Wayne

Got it working. Thank you for your help.