Norton Antivirus

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
Sargon
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Sargon`

Norton Antivirus

Post by Sargon »

Has anyone else had trouble with Norton detecting the XLink Kai files as a virus? I can't seem to get Norton to ignore them.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Norton Antivirus

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I have never used Xlink Kai with norton antivirus. Do you have a payed version of Norton Antivirus? Because if you are using the free trial, you could switch to lots of other free antivirus programs. I dont like Norton Anti-virus and other people don't because it is such a huge program that uses up a ton of resources on your PC.

AVG Antivirus and Avast are both great free antivirus programs. Make sure you get a free firewall as well to use with these if you dont have a firewall already. Comodo and Zonealarm have free firewalls that work well.

*Edit*

Just found this thread that might be able to help you out:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 7a1a38f7a8

IRON_PIMP
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai username: IRON_PIMP

Re: Norton Antivirus

Post by IRON_PIMP »

Yes. I use McAfee (Huge Resource user) it detected confgurekai.exe as a virus and removed it, I know KAI is safe so I put it back, some anti-virus software will do that and it doesn't matter if it is a paid version or not.
What Lazyhoboguy suggest is good except for Zonealarms-the free version firewall will allow programs outbound, the free version no longer gives you control---guess no one was buying the paid version, so they changed it.
It used to be an excellant program, not anymore IMO.
But, if you don't have anything on your PC that needs securing anyway, you don't need a firewall or antivirus, if you get avirus, just do system restore if using XP and you're set