fixed mine, but a friend is having issues

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
maartyrr
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: maartyrr

fixed mine, but a friend is having issues

Post by maartyrr »

Ive been working with a friends trying to get his ps2 working, however he can never see my games that I host and I can't see his

his network card is locked and detected
his internet is reachable
his ps2 is configured properly
he recently unticked his enable PAT
he has a static ip address and his port is fwd 30000
he's running xp with a cable modem - everything is wired connected
we can see each other and connect pings in the chatroom
but he can never see my TMBO games and vice versa

any thoughts at all to what it is that we're missing would be great
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: fixed mine, but a friend is having issues

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I figure you probably already made sure he has the old version (7.3.1.7) of Xlink Kai, but thought I should still mention it.

for the ps2 network configuration that he is using on his memory card is he trying to use one that is automatically configured? If not try that.

If his ps2 network configuration is already an automatically configured one, try making a manual one to use:

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=179

If he is using a firewall on his PC, tell him to try turning it off. Mine interferes with Xlink Kai until I mess with settings in it

maartyrr

Post by maartyrr »

thanks for the tips and the links...I'll give him that info...and yes he is using 7.3
(gmt-5)

maartyrr

Post by maartyrr »

ah, still no luck with his system..He has the old version of the ps2 network - not sure if that has anything to do with it. I told him to get the jak x game that has the newer setup...would that make a difference?
(gmt-5)

IRON_PIMP
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai username: IRON_PIMP

Post by IRON_PIMP »

When following this guide that lazy posted;
http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=179
Be sure that the Subnet is set to 255.255.0.0 (I had trouble with this and lazyhoboguy corrected me),[it will show configured successfuly with 255.255.255.0, but you can not connect}
He may also need to use a crossover cable from PS2 to router/PC.

maartyrr

Post by maartyrr »

what exactly is a cross over cable? and is it different than an ethernet cable? Ive been searching through google and have found not that much on it or how it differs...also he picked up a copy of jak x to manually configure his ps2...will manually configuring and using that site work for tmbo too?
(gmt-5)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Is your friend using a router and connecting a separate wire from the router to the ps2 and another for the router to the pc? If so you shouldn't need a crossover cable. A crossover cable would be needed if you were using Internet Connection Sharing on your computer and were running an internet cord from your computer to the ps2.

I hope you didnt buy jak x becasue you thought you needed that game to setup a manual ps2 network configuration. Any game listed here will allow you to creat that network configuration :

http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... ?f=10&t=84

Jak X is in the title of that guide because it only works with a manual ps2 network connection. Most Xlink Kai games (including tmbo) work fine with an automatically configured network configuration. Although some people seem to not be able to get any games to work on XLink Kai unless they use a manual ps2 network configuration.

maartyrr

Post by maartyrr »

well, yes he bought jak x ( it was pretty cheap) he ended up not going through and setting up his ip manually. He did however delete his old network settings on ps2 and replace it with his new one, and it ended up working like a charm. I don't know how and at this point I'm not questioning it lol. we got to play for 2 hours with no hitches and no connection drops. But thank you for your help and patience with setting all this up.
(gmt-5)